Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: using hercules , full version of atomix , and a external mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

agerardPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can anyone tell me, If I purchased the full version of atomix software,( Iam aware I can use virtual dj ,hurcules ,and an external mixer),but if I decide to buy the atomix software can I still use Hercules and an external mixer with this trio? Thanks so much for your help.

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:49 pm
yes.. u can ;)

hercules works great with the full version, and has full support for many features
You can use VDJ + Hercules + External mixer... no problem;)

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:59 pm
Hello dj in Norway , by the way thanks for always responding to me so fast and curtious. That's cool. Using hercules , full version of atomix , and a external mixer. I did mean atomix version (I believe 2.3) Iam not talking about virtual dj . So what your saying (Hercules , external mixer or either software will work) ? Thanks again

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 7:16 pm
hehe ;) no problem, just glad to help

but, I dont think AtomixMp3 supports external hardware controller... not sure, as I dont have that program, but its not on the feature list (www.atomixmp3.com)

but then again, why would you run atomixmp3 when having vdj? last one being ALOT better.... :)

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 7:26 pm
Hello again, Have been trying both demos atomix and virtual dj. There is some more straight forward and simpler on atomix vs virtual. I just ordered hercules and expecting it any day. I was hoping on ordering atomixmp3version. But maybe now I can't. Thanks again

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 8:04 pm
the "straight forward and simpler" is more a skin issue, at least thats what i mean.. ;)

if you try the default BASIC skin for VDJ, you will have a look that is very similar to the simplicity of atomixmp3...

but... yeah.. they are a bit different the 2 progs

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 8:25 pm
Hello dj - Norway. Once again thanks so for your time in helping me with my questions . It seems from what your saying , If I purchase virtualdj new version I can hopefully pull up the skin which is close to atomix2.3(and also the fonts will be larger like atomix2.3)

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 9:13 pm
yeah...

i think the basic skin is alot like atomixmp3... dont know if u agree...so made a screenshot JUST FOR YOU ;) lol

basic default skin:
http://www.imageuploader.net/images/423767basic.jpg

for comparison, the advansed default skin is here:
http://www.imageuploader.net/images/977037advanced.jpg

:)

anyway.. the program is a lot better, and more pro than atomixmp3.. :) but its really up to you.
U could try the demos of both softwares before u decide, and I think Hercules just work with VDJ, and NOT atomixmp3

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 9:40 pm
hello again dj -norway. Checked out that first skin at imageuploader. It does look the same as atomix. One question. I notice ,can you enlarge it to cover your entire computer screen . Thanks

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 9:56 pm
yes... :) u can enlarge it to cover the whole screen

the basic one is by defalt 800x600 - but u can still enlarge it to your whole screen

the advanced one is 1024x768... and most skins have that size

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 10:02 pm
I am not going to bother you again today. I am on the east coast of the USA. and it's 6PM, so you are either 5 or 6 hours difference. Once again thanks for your time and patience. My name is Edmund and I have 3 dj's that work for me and I also do a Keyboard/vocalist show and add musicians as needed. If you care to go to my website www.agerardsound.com ( God bless you). I am sure we will talk to again.

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 10:19 pm
hehe... you are not bothering me at all ;) glad to help out..

after all, I'm a happy VDJ user now, after asking suff like you do, some time ago, and other users where giving me replies (thanx Fruit!!)... and just glad to do the same..

its summerholiday... so i'm still up for a cpl of more hours.. lol ;) its midnite here...

by the way, nice website... seems like a cool company u got running... :) only leads me to say, if getting a dj software is for proffesional use, do get VDJ, and non of the others..really!! i'm not saying that because I'm a member here, but because I've tried most, and found only VDJ 100% up to the task..seriously :)

what ever u decide, the best of luck... :)

my name is Rune by the way :)

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 10:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)