Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: tcv problems...plz help!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

Just got my vinyls in today..

The left deck looks alright in the setup window, nice wavs (says 100% timecode quality, only when software preamp turned on) But the second deck wav isnt smooth, its all rigid and cornered etc...

I cant get any sound out from my maya44 from vDJ, all I can do is press the start button on my deck and it starts however the pitch fader doesnt do anything to the software..

Any suggestions??

THANKS

Posted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 3:21 am
k I got the first deck working...I unchecked mute in my maya44 mixer ...duh.

However with the setting at 5ms there still seems to be a slight *wish* sound when I stop the record with my hand. Maybe I can fix that playing with the settings some more...

My main concern though is the soft whining humm in the background when the tcv is playing..it is in the audio stream.

Anyone know what this is? this would be totally unacceptable on a loud system...

thanks again

Posted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 3:41 am
k, i think I've fixd the humm, or at least I dont notice it now..

my only problem now is the right deck, complete garbly garbage...guess its the signal showing up choppy...

What does this symptom mean? I'm using a brand new shure m44 needle...

thank you again!!!

Posted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 3:57 am

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 2:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes a real copy would help;)

as how should one put it unoffical versions tend to be very buggy

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 2:56 pm
Actually some turntables have too low of a line out for vDJ to read the signal properly. Thats what the software preamp is for.

ok, so the demo is full of bugs but the real version isn't??

Anyways I still have time left on my demo and haven't even activated my Numark Cue demo yet. So I can buy later when I can...but it won't be till mid-january. I want access to some of these skins anyways.

Words of advice...

1. Shyfxl should spend more time practicing mixing BY EAR, and not so much time on the forum sucking up to the company.

2. Most bitches who use dj software have no idea how to mix and who are the REAL HACKS.

3. The site should be revised so the guy in the upper right isn't there. WOW, HE DESIGNED THE SITE, PROBABLY WITH A TEMPLATE..BIG DEAL. I've done lots of web-sites, I would never put my picture there, LAME. Even if he coded the program it still would be tacky. C'Mon. I can't justify paying money for something that allows such unprofessionalism...even though the software rocks. I'll probably end up getting Numark Cue cause the front end has more style. IM EMBARESSED TO BE SEEN ON THIS PAGE... virtual DJ with some dude there....looks like Im a wanna-bee DJ chump.

4. However, I'd have to admit this is the best DJ software out there.

Posted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 8:06 pm
my only personal reply to you now is sort it your self .......

if ur just gona diss the folks who try to help you

Posted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 8:15 pm
e-ternal wrote :
A

3. The site should be revised so the guy in the upper right isn't there. WOW, HE DESIGNED THE SITE, PROBABLY WITH A TEMPLATE..BIG DEAL. I've done lots of web-sites, I would never put my picture there, LAME. Even if he coded the program it still would be tacky. C'Mon. I can't justify paying money for something that allows such unprofessionalism...even though the software rocks. I'll probably end up getting Numark Cue cause the front end has more style. IM EMBARESSED TO BE SEEN ON THIS PAGE... virtual DJ with some dude there....looks like Im a wanna-bee DJ chump.

4. However, I'd have to admit this is the best DJ software out there.

I'll actually agree a bit with you ;) hehe... But its a matter of taste I guess. I work as a webdesigner/designer too, and sure ... the website could need a tune up ;) But its really not the main focus for the developers (the software is). And yeah, Numark got a clean good minimalistic design, love that site... :) As for the dj on top, he is very known in France, runs a dj academy, and is an ambassadeur for VDJ there. But quite a few outside France wants him off ;) lol..

But anyways, its a matter of who you ask. Some like, some hate;) And yeah.... It IS the best dj software out there.. ;)

Numark Virtual Vinyl is comming out right over Xmas, with nice branded vinyls, soundcard box and package deal. Might be something for you, if you are aslo concerned about design :) I, at least, love the Numark package look ;)

Hope to see ya as a full member soon, Numark or VDJ...

And will try to answer your other questions too, in a little bit...

Posted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 9:48 pm
sry for the dis, and thanks for all the help.

I do have cracks installed. VDJ isn't one of them...I don't want to take any chances when playing live. Maybe I just got too touchy about it.

I plan on buying it and becoming a member of the community as soon as I can. Don't really care if its vdj or cue, however numark might look more acceptable to a stuck-up crowd.

Cheers

Posted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 10:34 pm
sorry for being growchy aslo

i would if possible have a pc with no cracks on it because i find the dam crackers put alot of virus and all sorts of horrible things with them

its how they make their money

i protect my mixing pc like a bank vault

i never get why folks stick their noses up at vdj and digital dj programs

Posted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 10:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)