Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: File Naming Conventions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

(Previously ) Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 16:34:19

I have looked through many of the postings and I have found a solution for my issues yet... Any support or assistance would be greatly appreciated....

I am a Virtual DJ v3 (now v4) Pro user and I have my files named as follows...

%Track% - %Artist% - %Title%.mp3 e.g. 01 - Billy Joel - Piano Man.mp3

I have one problem that was posted already that the 'Title' comes up as "01 - Piano Man", but I didn't really understand the way to fix this (if one was given) without renaming all my files. P.S. It does read the title correctly in the player window, but not in the database listing.

Secondly, and more importantly, any song that is after track # 19 comes up as ...

Author = 20
Title = Billy Joel - Piano Man

I tried fixing this with the 'Rename' command to fix the Autor and Title, but it doesn't work. Please help.

Rich

Posted Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 3:47 am
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I had a similar scenario because I generally name my mp3s with: speed - key - artist - title

I have since renamed using underscores such as billy_joel_-_piano_man.mp3 and it works showing correct artist and title in their respective colums...I think spaces are probably a bad thing.

In regards to renaming your entire selection accordingly..I havent the slightest idea but perhaps "ultra tag editor" can accomplish this? Seems to be quite robust..if you figure it out let me know hehe

Posted Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 6:06 am
If you just want Virtual DJ to display artist and title, save your files in Windows Media Player as artist-title - it should display the artist in the Artist column of Virtual DJ and the title in the Title column. The song you use as an example would be saved in Media Player as "Billy Joel-Piano Man.mp3 (or .wma to save space) - when it comes up in Virtual DJ, you will find Piano Man under Title and Billy Joel under Artist (assuming you haven't made a minor typo and typed "Jeol" instead of "Joel", like I often do!)

Posted Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 11:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 11:13 am
When I load a Karaoke file the video mixer window starts off ok but eventually the words are broken up when displaying. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 12:41 pm
The headings on the Browser/sampler/effects/record zone do not appear even though the individual file info shows. Just the headings at the top are empty. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 12:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)