Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Limited success with BCD2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have had some limited success with getting the BCD2000 working with my laptop. What I did was pretty drastic but I was able to mix for a lot longer (it still crashed but not as easily)

Please understand that my laptop is dedicated 100% for DJ use only. I have a separate hard drive that I snap in when I have a gig. This ensures that…

• There are no Viruses or spyware
• There are no un-necessary programs running
• There is no un-necessary hardware enabled
• The system has been tweaked and optimized to work for audio applications only
• The system is the same every time I boot up

Here is what I did...
1. Confirmed that my laptop video card was on the same IRQ as the USB Universal Host Controller (needed for the BCD2000). To see if you have this problem, Start | Run | then type "msinfo32.exe" Look under hardware resources and IRQ.
2. backed up my system with Norton Ghost (Critcal step in the event it does not work for you)
3. Went into the system BIOS and disabled... Sound card, Wireless Card, Floppy, Ethernet and any other device I do not use during a live gig.
4. Boot windows then Open Device Manager (now in the Hardware page of the System applet inside Control Panel). At the top of the Device Manager entries you'll see 'Computer': if you click on the '+' next to it to expand the entry, you'll see the appropriate description, either 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC', or 'Standard PC'.
5. Right-click on the 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC' description and select the Properties option, and then the Driver page on the window that appears, you can select 'Update Driver'. Choose the second 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' option on the subsequent page, and then the 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install' option on the following page. This should come up with two options, namely ACPI PC and Standard PC.
6. When the system started back up, I opened device manager and watched the OS re-install every driver. There were a few devices that did not find a driver but this did not seem to stop the system from working.

Microsoft claims that you can switch from Standard Mode back to ACPI by choosing the ACPI option here and allowing the PC to reboot. However, they don't recommend it for removing ACPI functions, and some people trying this have been unable to boot their PCs at all afterwards.

In my professional opinion, these are very drastic steps to get a DJ controller working. I do NOT recommend you try it unless you are ready (and have the time) to reload your system from scratch. Be prepared to erase the system and start over again. NEVER EVER follow these instructions on the day of a gig!

Why did it help with the freezing? By disabling ACPI, I forced Windows into re-assigning the IRQ’s so that the video was not on the same interrupt as the USB controller. It is still not stable like the Hercules DJ Console MKII, but it is step forward.

I wish Hercules would release new drivers to make this device more stable.

Please let me know if this helped you.

WirelessDJ

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 3:10 am
wizzoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have tried everything with the BCD2000. I have to say, I would like to let it work on my laptop, but it just doesn't work.
(Dell Inspiron 9400, 2GHz duo-core, 1GB DDR 667MHz, GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB-onboard)

It doenst work with VDJ 4.1. If I config ASIO drivers, it craches, if I use a mapper, the key's not allways work, and no lets. Other programs just don't have what VDJ has, so that is no option. I bought it because it looks very prof and also it is bigger, the sliders and buttons are further apart. But I did mine back to the store, got all my money back and bought a Behringer VMX300.

With the MK2 console and that little, yet compleet mixer I have everything I need. The 2 decks are linked to 2 separate channels on the Behringer. (Only possible with the Hercules MK2).

Mixing is great now, the mapper works great with VDJ 4.1, I'm glade I have my Hercules MK2.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 4:18 pm
I now have two laptops provisionally working with the Behringer BCD2000 controller. Initially, when I plugged in my Dell Inspiron 1300, I could not get any audio out of it. And when I did get it working, it would crash every few minutes when. Today I got an HP Pavilion dv4000, loaded up the latest drivers, and again could not get any audio out of it.

Some observations:

*** Dell Inspiron 1300 (same as B130) ***
1. Out of the box did NOT work with BCD2000 in naitive mode with VDJ 4.1R2. The cue play buttons would work but the sound card portion of the BCD2000 was not functioning. I kept getting an ASIO error every time I launch VDJ.
2. I like that the Dell allowed me to disable devices in the CMOS that I did not need. This is great as it frees up system resources.
3. Out of the box, the Dell USB ports were sharing the same IRQ as the video.
4. I disabled the on-board sound, ethernet, wifi, and floppy controller, and Express Card in the device manager
5. I ran the Dell for 36 hours straight on auto play mode. It did NOT crash and had no issues with the controller. The only problem I noted was that one morning I found it sitting there with no track playing (even though there were tracks still in the playlist). I hit auto play again, and it picked right back where it left off.

*** HP Pavilion dv4000 ***
1. Out of the box did NOT work with BCD2000 in naitive mode with VDJ 4.1R2. The cue play buttons would work but the sound card portion of the BCD2000 was not functioning. I kept getting an ASIO error every time I launch VDJ.
2. HP does NOT permit you to adjust anything in the CMOS except the Wifi. :-(
3. With the HP the USB ports were NOT sharing and interrupt -- yet it still did NOT work!
4. I disabled the on-board sound, ethernet, wifi, firewire and floppy controller in the device manager
5. Overnight tests have not been performed on this laptop yet.

On both I had to disable ACPI and tweak the hell out of the system to get a stable setup.

Now comes the REAL test, to really bang on these rigs to see if they are stable during a live gig. We still have one more laptop to go. Will post the details on the model number and results. So far, it is looking that I like the Dell only slightly better because of the options in the CMOS.

WirelessDJ

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 2:56 am
well take it from a guy that road tested it, you will be unhappy areound the 2.5 hour of the gig it will stop. This controller is the best looking junk I have ever had. I also the a MK2 and there is a new driver for this controller, so far it is the best but it is mubby meaning that it has a lot of "white noise". I have put the BCD2000 in the box in the hopes that some day soon a new ASIO driver will appear from the GODS and it will be stable

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 9:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)