Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ripping Live Concert Music Videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rip them in full and then take out Menus? What is the best way?

Thanks

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 6:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
im sorry but thats ilegal

if you dont have an mcps licence

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 7:21 pm
No, The ones that i own and ripping them into Numarks Cue for Playback! These are Store Bought!

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 7:28 pm
skyfxl is technically correct... of course, every bar that I visit plays these DVDs and TV rips... the truth is there is NO clearing house for authorization to use these DVDs and/or rips from TV... even if the bar you work at has a license to play LIVE broadcast, you may not TECHNICALLY play the recorded broadcast.

By purchasing a DVD at your local retailer, whatever it may be (Best Buy, Blockbuster, Circuit City), this does not give you the BROADCAST rights.

However, if I were to want to play something from a DVD, be it a clip or a performance, I'd use DVD Decrypter and I'd make certain that I decrypted it into chapters.

Posted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 12:18 am
along this topic...can someone elaborate on the notion of "for non-broadcast purposes only" or "for promotional use only". promo only has these sayings all over their products. yet, aren't we broadcasting the music when we play in a public venue (nightclub, lounge, bar)? what is the purpose of these formats of they can't be broadcast? also, how do concert DVDs differ from buying a cd when it comes to the legalities of playing music or videos in a venue? what is leagal and what is not? if there are any leagal professionals on this site (probably not though....) your input would be outstanding.

Posted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)