Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Improving soundquality possible? (not talking bout setting Time Stretch)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Although it's a wonderfull program, the music quality of Virtual DJ (1.08) frankly is just baddd. The high is not clear, the bass is not deep at all, and it takes away a lot of the dynamics of the sound. I compare it to Sonique 1.96 or even the hated Media Player, but it's not even half the sound quality of those program's. It keeps me from buying VDJ, and using it at parties.

Is it possible to use another sound engine, by using a plugin or recording to MP3 and playing the stream, or the broadcast functionality? I'd tried to disable the time stretch, but it still keeps killing my music.

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 1:17 pm
that is just plain wrong...

play a song in VDJ, and a song in Media Player. Compare..

It is not "even half of the sound quality" ??? gotta be kidding.

really mean that VDJ got less that half of the sound quality of mediaplayer? LOL... :) thats just not true...

VDJ uses Lame mp3 decoder, and seem to have a decent sound engine. So I use it profesionally without any problem :)
Lame is claimed one of the best, if not THE best, mp3 decoder out there, so......

If u miss a bit of boost in high and bass, use the 32-band EQ plugin, and u will have a "sound quality" thats a lot better than the flat sound in Media Player.. GO ahead. Try.. ;)

;)

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 4:35 pm
Why are you using 1.08 when 2.01 demo is available for download.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 2:41 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There's nothing wrong with the sound quality of VDJ. Chances are that you have some sound device, or set-up issue. I would also ask the same question as above. Why would you be using 1.08 trial when 2.01 trial is available for free download.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 3:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)