Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Just got two BCD2000's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just got two BCD2000's, I am running VirtualDJ 4.1 r2.

In config
under remote control Behringer BCD2000 is enabled
Under Sound Setup, Inputs set to None
Outputs set to Headphones
Sound card set to BCd2000
Behringer control panel set to b-DJ

The controller works but it will not play (as if there is no sound card hooked up)

If I use my sound card, it works fine.

I do NOT want to use ASIO. I tried the FAQ's posted by juliocqb and moramax and I cant figure it out.

In addition the controller will sometimes lock up (especially when moving the pitch control). VirtualDJ Continues to run but the Behringer stops responding.

I love this controller, it has more features than the Hercules and is more robust. But it has to play nice with VirtualDJ

WirelessDJ

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 8:41 pm
Hi WirelessDJ

Can't help you unless you didn't download the mapper...

Could you please keep updating what you like and dislike about the BCD2000.. I was looking for a controller and bumped into BCD2000 surfing and I like the look...

Good luck

O Ya... Y two controllers?

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 8:59 pm
why do I need the mapper if VDJ naitvely supports the BCD2000? What does the mapper have to do with the sound card?

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 9:18 pm
2 controllers for 2 different DJ's. Can anyone help me with this?

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 10:51 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you need the mapper to change button behaviours if you want to dont have to

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 11:04 pm
We di not wish to change the button mappings, they work perfect.

I need to get the WDM sound card drivers working.

Is there anyone that has one these controllers?

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 11:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think you have to change "Sound card" to "4.1 Card"

It works for me.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 1:13 am
I do not have that option when BCD2000 is checked. It turns out there is some compatibility problem with my dell laptop

In fact, it even FROZE when I used the included BDJ software!

I am working to determine the chipset used on the Inspiron and if it has been resolved by the BCD2000-driver-setup-1-1-1-0.exe

WirelessDJ

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 2:07 am
I don't see the need for the mapper to change your keys, you can change keys to your liking by adding then in the midi config or editing existing key on your BCD2000. any way I have found that if I change the video setting from 32 to 16 bit the pc runs smoother and will not crash as much. I have just built a new pc because my laptop was crashing to much, and I ran across this. I added a dual head video card (geforce fx 5200). With the VGA set to 32 it would run for a song then just stop and if a tried to play a video it would not run at all, so I changed it to 16 and It has now been running for several hours without a crash. soon I will connect my laptop (ati raidon card internal) and change to 16 and see what happens.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 4:57 am
I forgot to add that I installed asio4all into the system and then disabled the driver for the BCD2000 to help

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 5:21 am
WirelessDJ wrote :
I do not have that option when BCD2000 is checked. It turns out there is some compatibility problem with my dell laptop

In fact, it even FROZE when I used the included BDJ software!

I am working to determine the chipset used on the Inspiron and if it has been resolved by the BCD2000-driver-setup-1-1-1-0.exe

WirelessDJ

have u tired this blog :)?

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/juliocqb/

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 12:39 pm
How good is the audio car in the bca2000.. Can it handle VDJ.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 5:20 pm
yes it can

however some features currently do not work because of a driver problem

(beringers fualt)

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 7:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
WirelessDJ wrote :
I am working to determine the chipset used on the Inspiron and if it has been resolved by the BCD2000-driver-setup-1-1-1.0

You should update the drivers. Version 1.1.1.0 were released exactly for some Dell chipsets. It's the first time i hear the BCD Software to crash. What are you laptop specifications?

Posted Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 10:37 pm
I am running the latest drivers from behringer and that did not fix it. In fact, I even tried a FRESH LOAD, nothing but VirtualDJ. I do NOT want to run ASIO. I prefer Naitive mode supported by VirtualDJ so all the features and all the lights work as the developers made it.

--> Could it be the on-board USB? If so, what about using an external USB card like this?

http://shopper.cnet.com/Belkin_USB_2_0_and_FireWire_ExpressCard_USB_FireWire_adapter_2_ports/4014-3243_9-31961811.html

I really love this controller, I just wish it worked with my laptop. It works FLAWLESS with my Mac Mini Dual Core running XP Home.

WirelessDJ

Posted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 1:52 am
Thanks to all that replied above

Alright, I have had some success with the following config.

Downloaded ASIO4ALL, installed it
Set VDJ to Input: None
Set Output to Headphones
Set Sound card to ASIO
Set ASIO driver to ASIO4ALL v2
Set output channel to master channel 1/2, 3/4 headphones
Performances: one notch over from left (512, safe mode and overlock still checked)

I am finally getting sound out. But VDJ will not leave the 'Set Output to Headphones'. It keeps giving me an error Error in ASIO sound driver, not enough channels and changes back to 'Single output'. In other words, I have NO CUE

WirelessDJ

Posted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 2:20 am
I've come to this conclusion...

This controller is F*CKED. The buttons, sliders, and knobs are a million times better than the Hercules DJ Console MK II. However, the sound card eats monkey ass -- as it keep crashing on me.

I was in the middle of a perfect 16 minute freestyle mix and it just STOPPED PLAYING for no reason. The controller was still working but NO SOUND. It is NOT VirtualDJ, I use it all the time and never have I seen this happen.

Admittedly, my video card is on the same interrupt as the USB port. But it is a real pain in the ass to change this and I should not have to! Many hardware designs are very sensitive to interrupt latency, especially crap sound cards. I guarantee that is what is causing the problem. There has to be a work-around and I will find it!

WirelessDJ

Posted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 3:06 am
Is think is a chipset problem and drivers as well so new drivers should solve it, since the bcd only has that problem with most laptops.

Posted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 6:20 pm
WirelessDJ wrote :
I've come to this conclusion...

This controller is F*CKED. The buttons, sliders, and knobs are a million times better than the Hercules DJ Console MK II. However, the sound card eats monkey ass -- as it keep crashing on me.

I was in the middle of a perfect 16 minute freestyle mix and it just STOPPED PLAYING for no reason. The controller was still working but NO SOUND. It is NOT VirtualDJ, I use it all the time and never have I seen this happen.

Admittedly, my video card is on the same interrupt as the USB port. But it is a real pain in the ass to change this and I should not have to! Many hardware designs are very sensitive to interrupt latency, especially crap sound cards. I guarantee that is what is causing the problem. There has to be a work-around and I will find it!

WirelessDJ

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/60644/Hardware_Technical_Support/_HW_How_to_solve__issues_with_no_sound__unstable_devices__pops_and_crackles_.html

info on changing irq if u need it

:)

Posted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 6:52 pm
hope all goes well for u

the bcd sounds a pain in the arse

Posted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 6:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)