Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DJM800 as controller for VDJ??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rob GHome userMember since 2006
Hi, I'm just about to invest in the awesome DJM800 mixer which has midi output for controlling "stuff" from the mixer sliders/knobs, which are assignable. I know NOTHING about midi (although I have been DJing for 20 years on technics), Does anyone know if I would be able to control Virtual DJ from this mixer, and if so, how is it done? Many thanks for reading!

Posted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 11:51 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes, it is possible to do that.
You can map buttons/sliders/knobs as shortcuts in VDj preferences. Just like keyboard shortcuts. It works.

Posted Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 2:50 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
in 4.1r2 pro

you go to remote control select midi as a control

and choose which funtions you would like each button (midi note) to do

consult your hardware manual for a list of notes sent

Posted Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 3:14 pm
Thanks for the advice guys, perhaps it IS time to make the jump into the digital arena!

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 12:58 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
But what's the point of getting a DJM-800 (which I absolutely love) if you are just going to use it as a midi controller. You won't even be able to use the awesome Effects unit since you are not running audio through the mixer, and hardware EQ is considered better then software.
You can get a cheap controller that will do the same for you. The only point in using midi options on DJM-800 is if it had buttons you could assign to other VDJ features (which it does not).

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 9:48 pm
what about the crossfader?? can u jus map that?

Posted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 6:05 am
I'm actually buying two Pioneer CDJ1000MK3's as well!

:D:D:D

They link to the DJM800 via digital cables for nice clean sound, (and I can use the nice effects thingys).

Posted Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 12:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)