Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Deleting local database and starting again...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

infoHome userMember since 2021
I've had a re-organise on my harddrives in my system and now some of the files in the local database cant load and just say error as they are no longer in the location they origionally were. Also some of the local database files have now been deleted or the drive has been removed / letter changed so now i get errors on those files when i try to load too.....

What i want to do is completly erase everything in the database and start again... BUT i don't want to delete any of the files off the harddrive..

SO before i guess and mess around could anyone be kind enough to tell me how to erase the local database WITHOUT it erasing the files on the harddrives...

Sure it's simple i just dont want to screw it up or the files already on the drive.

Also if i have copied across some playlist files from one machine to another is it just a case of making sure the drive letters are the same OR is it more complex than that meaning i have to re-do all the playlists i've already created on the old system? Really hoping all i have to do is make sure the drive is the same letter as it was on the old machine... :)

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 2:58 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 11:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)