Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJForums.com say the MK2 sucks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OmarVHome userMember since 2006
I tried to sell my new MK2 on DJForums.com and they say it sucks...... too much money for a toy.... is this true?

"you can get those things on ebay for 200 new, 150 used. and they suck really bad. sorry to trash your post six speed, but you have one post on these forums and its to sell a piece of shit of equipment. i feel i should let anyone interested in this know that the Hercules MK2 sucks."

"we're giving you a hard time not because we're assholes, but because you came on here for the sole reason to sell something (and a toy at a ridiculous price for that matter) rather than being a positive contribution to the forum."

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 6:01 am
I like mine but I do wish it were a built a bit better. I will likely be upgrading to the Behringer BCD2000 once the driver issues are resolved. But you can buy the MK2 for $150 new so they are correct on the pricing.

In my opinion, sucks is much too strong a word for the Hercules.

Steve

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 11:33 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Indeed - fair enough, it's not the greatest, most well built piece of kit in the world, but considering it's an all in one mixer, soundcard and controller, you've got to admit it's good value for money. I carry a mk2 and a laptop with me in case my main rig lets me down - you can't put a price on peace of mind!

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 3:45 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i notice that website is largely afilliated with pcdj so they are bound to be a bit biased

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 2:35 pm
rice4uHome userMember since 2004
after reading this... i had to post. Hercules is one of my favorite tools ever. makes everything so easier(especially in vdj 3.4). but now in verson 4 i the effects and loop option don't seem to work for the controller :( honestly, when i'm doing big gigs, i wish if i could only use the hercules so that everything would be super smooth since it's all in one which makes it so much easier, but unfortunately i use tcv's to look professional + have better sound scratching qualities.

Posted Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 7:18 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
they do they have a different behaviour

for example

2 activates a loop or fx

1 n 3

goes up and down the options ie

2 , 4 ,6 , 8

or to sellect different fx

you can map out to the old ways

if you download the mapper for pro users

Posted Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 12:30 pm
OmarV wrote :
...... too much money for a toy.... is this true?

Not true;)

Its a pretty decent soundcard that gives you two ins and two outs, for use with VDJ.
Has a headphone out, and level knob too, plus mic in.
So a soundcard with all that, costs about the same as Herc.

Now Herc has a midi controller "on top" of the soundcard, giving you nice control of VDJ.

Its for sure not too much money, its a bargain starter dj package ;)
All you need to get started.

The minus sides:
- A bit small (for some this is a pluss, mobile djs)
- A bit too tight between jogs and faders (goes with the size if u ask me)
- A bit slow asio drivers (this only matters if you are using timecode vinyls, AND are hardcore scratcher)

;)

Posted Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 4:33 pm
OmarVHome userMember since 2006
Well I just went back to see a reply on the sale forum and this is what someone said:

"the hercules takes a bit of time to get used to but it's not as bad as these guys make out. most of my problems were around configuring the VDJ software which has defaults that make no sense and a manual too vague to be of any use. so yeah there are better systems on the market but for 200 euro or $250 you're not gonna do much better"

Now from what you guys have said I am so attempted to open the box and play with it and not sale it.
But I know I'm not going to use so it goes back on ebay.....

:) cheers

Posted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 4:58 am
Not to be confused with mobiledjforums.com which is probably the UK's largest mobile DJ community and is VERY respectable.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 2:13 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I paid $250 for mine and feel it was definitely worth the $$.
Of course I would have liked to have paid less, but didn't have as much choice at the time.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 7:26 pm
I kind of agree in a sketchy way. I mean I don't feel like I can trust it, but several local gigs (I don't trust this machine to do the larger gigs) like with college parties I will bring it, but to say the local stallion, club, pub...etc ? Hell no. They selling point for the MK2 is the integrated soundcard, well compared to other usb soundcards at the same price might I add the MK2 is the bottom dweller. Now this is my opinion, but I can honestly inform people that if they want to get into TCV, please invest in the Serato Scratch Live, the TCV with VDJ is still a work in progress, which will eventually come around (much like the mac version of the software). As stated, this is just my opinion.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 11:18 pm
Hmmm, what can i say ? The true hurts sometimes....
It is way to small guys ..i mean ...comme'on... we have 5 fingers to each hand...
The jogs are small ... you call yourself a "Dj" and you knok yoursel on those little jogs...
I'm wondering what was in the mind of the designer of the console...
A few centimeters plus will not caouse anny damage for sure..
Hint : Check Kontrol Dj ( just the size and the design ).... welll ? ... with that design and those jogs you will sure look like a future dj...
I'm verry oppend mind about Hercules Console BUT.... please Hercules make this tool for djs ..not for kids.
It will coust much ? ...hmm i don't think that 100 $ more will hurt somebody...
Just think about it ....
And fix that latency problem... I mean comme'on don't you have software progammers there ? ... give them a few $ to make them think a few minutes more...
The true hurts : HUGE PROMO FOR THIS CONSOLE. I bet a lot of pro djs will use a console made for the djs (with a tiny price ) ....
We are in the age of computers and mp3 ...so if Hercules managed to invent the console ... make it right ...
I'm planning in the next mounth to take my courrage and rebuild my own case and jogs for my Mk2...
I'm thinking about 60 Cm Width and a 20 Cm Height arroung 15 Cm diametter of th jogs ( looking like those of Pioneer Cdj 800) and stuff like that.
I'll take full responasbillity of the project (even if i'll damage the console.... no need warranty)
But I dare you all to think about the ideea and the Hercules designers too.
I've estimated the coust and it will never cross the 100$ price... maybe less.
Please think about the ideea in the constructive way and post your oppinions and maybe new ideeas...
Let's sow to other "Pro Djs" that there CAN be an alternative cheap and good-working tool. ;)
I'll be allways opened to buy a console with 300$ ..but with drivers made by pro and a design for a dj...
How can a dj be proud whe he shows up with Hercules wich is so small ?
So guys let's do this ... ;) Hercules what you think about this ??

Posted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 2:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)