Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Upgrade4.1 will not install?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zshaathPRO InfinityMember since 2005
how to intall upgrade ?? keep getting a message "need vdj installed first" which is intalled?
On my other computer I have both v3.4 and v4 and cannot install upgrade either getting message" you need correct version of VDJ for upgrade? how do I apply this exe upgrade file to v4.o?
many Thanks

Posted Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
rename the 4.0 to virtualdj.exe and the 3.4 to virtualdj2.exe

Posted Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 8:41 pm
My computer crashed on me last night - I had to do a full factory reset. Unfortunately, I've had to go "back to basics" with my Virtual DJ, as it has decided it can't read CD ROMs I haven't bought any more. Fortunately, it retained most of my music files.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 3:42 pm
arthurvasey wrote :
My computer crashed on me last night - I had to do a full factory reset. Unfortunately, I've had to go "back to basics" with my Virtual DJ, as it has decided it can't read CD ROMs I haven't bought any more. Fortunately, it retained most of my music files.

possibly cd rom failure?

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 3:50 pm
Maybe - it has no problems with CDs and CD ROMs I've actually bought - but it seems to have developed an aversion to anything I've downloaded off the net.

Just bought an external hard drive from Currys - only ordered it today.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 11:17 am
gluck :)

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 11:38 am
kinnisHome userMember since 2006
not sure why it wouldnt of upgraded :S

i would maybe uninstall v3.4 first ( as maybe upgrade is confused which files to upgrade as there are two sets )

I wouldnt of thought it was a cd-rom problem, you would get a "Read/Write Error" box if it was ( like i get when i burn cd/s dvd's :( )

hope this helps

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 6:35 pm
I had accidentally deleted my sound driver instead of an image file, so I had to do a factory reset to get the driver back. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the CD of any version after the version I bought to even load up - the drive says the disc is empty (says there's no files on it) - but, when I check the "empty-full" ratio, it says it's full - in total contradiction of the apparent facts. It's both full and blank at the same time, which is scientifically impossible.

Posted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 3:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)