Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: About to take the plunge... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VJ_EchoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm about to purchase the "FULL" version of this great package, but have a couple of questions 1st.

1. Hercules DJ Console and version 2, is there a problem with headphone support?
2. If I buy version 2.0 am I entitled to future updates?
3. Is the software available in hard media format (a cd) or only as download.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as for me to be paying 99 euro, it works out to a lot of money for me here in South Africa.

Thanks,

VJ_Echo

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 10:37 am
1) There is no problem with the headphone support;
2) Up to now all users were entitled to updates (since v1), even the update from v1.xx to v2;
3) It is available only as a download.

Regards, macourteau

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 11:41 am
Right, I'm convinced :) about to place my order for the software and later in the week for the vinyls (once I figure out how I can use 2 vinyls, one on each turntable, ala "Final Scratch" style!)

Peace,

VJ_Echo

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 11:53 am
cool.. look forward to see you as a member...

and its very easy, just plug the turntables into the LINE-IN of your soundcard, and use it as a regular vinyl.. plug and play ;)

and for a great price ;)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 11:58 am
You say plug the turntables in the line in... but I only have one line in, how do I plug 2 turntables in, ie one turntable on virtual deck one and one turntable on virtual deck two? Right I'm off to register, back in a couple of mins as a registered user :) Next step, VIP Memeber :)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 12:05 pm
I'm not 100% sure... but think u need 2x line-in to make it work :) so might need another soundcard...

and look forward to your next step getting vip ;) lol

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 12:43 pm
Thanks, dj-in-norway! I'm now a registred user, but will have to download the software once I get home, damn connection at work is so slow :(

Quick question, how does v2 work with the version that comes with the Hercules DJ Console?

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 12:54 pm
WELCOME!! nice to see ya as a full user ;)

keep the console EXE file, back it up to another folder, and copy it back into VDJ folder after installing VDJ 2.01..
that will let u have both VDJ 2.01 and console version 1.09

ALSO, backup your database before installing VDJ 2.01, always nice to have a backup of that one, just in case.

(if thats what u are asking? because u dont really need the console version anymore.. vdj full version 2.01 works ALOT better with the console, than console v.1.09.)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 1:24 pm
Thanks, 8min left of the download :) may be calling on your input for set-up of the headphones via the console, as I heard there is a trick involved ;) Also was just dig'ing through all my gear here at work and found an old flight case that can be modified to fit my laptop and the console :) Things can only get better from here, looking fwd to gigging with v2.01 this Friday!

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 1:48 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i think now you just click on the picture of the Hercules DJ Console in the sound config to setup the console (although i think this will not work for using an external mixer) if you are going to use an external mixer select that option and select the 7.1 option.

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 2:03 pm
Argh!!! now after downloading and uninstalling my Hercules Console version and installing the new version 2.01 it won't work, complains about a DirectX error (have checked, and there are no errors) and then gives me a Protection Error 128? Have mailed support so in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 2:21 pm
Is your DJConsole mixer set to ASIO? If so, that might explain the DirectX error. ASIO works, but you have to set it to ASIO only once VDJ has loaded.

For the protection error, only the support staff (e-service) can help you (don't use the e-mail address, go to this website):

http://www.virtualdj.com/support/e-service/

macourteau

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 2:27 pm
Currently the console is not even connected (it's at home, and I'm at work) so it's the laptops onboard sound (which works, have test with playing mp3 files etc and run dxdiag, no errors reported)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 2:35 pm
Have also checked sound drivers up to date) and re-checked DirectX. Damn computers, never work when you want them to, makes my think twice about going back to vinyl :)

Going to run reg-clean, have just un-installed (again!) and deleted the dir. Then will try again, also why does the install want to install to desktop by default?

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 2:38 pm
You made the good choice when buying VDJ :) Only, I don't see why it doesn't work with your sound card.

Try to start VDJ with your DJConsole connected. The problem might be that it's trying to load the DJConsole's driver, but it's not connected. And it gives an error because that's the soundcard selected in VDJ's audio setup. You can also change the soundcard selected in the audio setup to your onboard card to load VDJ without the DJConsole.

macourteau

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 2:45 pm
O.K. got rid of the DirectX error, my reg needed a clean anyway ;) acctually my laptop needs a re-install of XP but I will do that next week. Now I'm only getting the Protection Error 128. Have not installed any "cracked" version that I know of, only the version that came with the Hercules and then the 1.09 update. Will wait for a response from Support. I have been a bad boy in the past (running unlicenced XP) but since I got the new laptop all software that is worthy of being paid for is worth paying for and this software is worth a lot! Best DJ software I've tried, it even beats Traktor (I know I paid for that and got burnt!) sold it 2 weeks after buying it, good software but poor support (Traktor that is, not Virtual DJ)

Thanks for the help, guess will just wait now :(

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 3:05 pm
dont worry echo ;) the VDJ team will help u :)

just check your folder at e-support, and read the solution when they have read your request

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 3:52 pm
Did you send an email to the support team, or did you use the e-service webpage? The email support is not read anymore, so you should use the e-service webpage (if you did not do so already).

macourteau

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 4:02 pm
I used the e-service, no reply as yet :( and I'm home now and really want to try out v2.01 :) got some wicked tunes lined up for it!

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 4:14 pm
the install might work at home...

(read: if there has never been a "cracked" version on that pc)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 6:13 pm
91%