Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using "Kill" buttons

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When mixing if i select any of the 3 band eq kill buttons VDJ freezes for a second songs stop and if i am actually mixing at the time (crossfader in middle) the songs go out of sync, it seems to only happen the first time i use a kill button.

AMDXP2400
256MB DDR ram

Posted Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 12:27 am
gstaHome userMember since 2004
I am 21 years old and live in a town called Shrewsbury in England.

My Favourite music to mix is Trance mainly euro trance like CJ Stone, Jan Wayne, Flip & Fill etc

My Setup Is, AMD XP2400, 256mb ram, Soundblaster 4.1 digital 3D Soundcard

Behringer VMX200 Mixer

I also use 2 numark TT1625 Turntables

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 12:52 am
^^ wtf?

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 3:04 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dj walkers:

i've aslo noticed this problem but not only with the kill buttons but with the eq the first time you move them.

this was an issue with earlier versions of vdj i believe it was fixed but it seems to have arisen again. so before a gig make sure that you load a song on each desk and move one of the eq sliders on each desk, before you start your gig.

hopfully this will be fixed in the next release

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 7:22 am
lool..

DJ Walkers message was posted :
Posted Sun 6 Jul 03 @ 00:27:54
Thats a YEAR ago;) lol...
So the problem - and the year is gone...

at least i have no such kill eq problems...

it was just the user gsta that found an really old message, and decided to post a little info about himself in that old message... lol ;)

hehe.... funny...

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 1:05 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lol... doddn't see that one, however i'm still getting the skip when changing the eq sometimes (only the first time you move them since the programs loaded), it doesn't ahppen everytime i start the program and this has only re emerged in 2.01

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 2:51 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For this and for other similar problems, I think the solution is to ADD RAM!!!

I had this situation before. It was with my laptop which I just replaced. It seemed to mainly happen when I clicked on an effect for the first time (I'd see a visual pause, and sometimes an actual audible skip), or when if I tried to use an auto mix of some type... (then I'd get the 3-4 second loop.) This machine was an athelon XP 1300 with 512 of RAM.
My new laptop is a p-4 3.2 g with a full gig of RAM. (I've had it for about a month) I NEVER have any skips anymore... either visual or audible.

I think most pausing or skipping or looping problems will be greatly reduced, or out right elliminated by more RAM. Especially if you are using larger files. If that doesn't fix it, then I'd go to a faster processor.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 3:09 pm
Absolutely correct Rick !

The best environment for anyone serious about using vDJ is to have
  • a dedicated machine with a "no frills" install of Windows XP.
  • at least 512Mb RAM
  • Search for and follow the advise to tune the OS for audio.
  • avoid installing anything that is not absolutely necessary in the environment. If you have to use the machine for other purposes, make a seperate partition and setup dual boot.

This is not a limitation of vDJ, just a "best practice" for any digital DJ.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 3:24 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Spoken like a true professional... Or someone who has had a computer freeze up on him in front of people before LOL

The only thing I would change is that if you are going to work with your computer in front of a crowd, I would suggets a minimum of MORE than 512 of RAM!!

I have a gig, but 128 of it is reserved for video...

The other thing... when you buy a new "name brand" computer, the first thing you have to do is uninstall all of the crap that they are paid to put on there. Disable everything that tries to use resourses, run adaware and delete everything that it finds, stop using auto update on all the installed crap, do everything you can to strip it down to just the opperating system. Then disable all the crap in the opperating system that tries to run automatically. This project alone will take a few hours. Then re-boot double check everything.... then and only then, install VDJ and test fire it for a couple days of straight playing before you take that new laptop into the booth.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 5:00 pm
Wow i am getting more popular by the day :) somebody knows where i live how old i am etc lol

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 5:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)