Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The timecoded vinyl thing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Quickly... My specs and equipment

Sound Blaster PCMCIA Audigy2 ZS Portable Soundcard
Toshiba M55135 S135 Laptop with Realtek AC97 Interior Soundcard
Virtual DJ 2.0 purchased (I know, it's time to update it)
Numark DXM06 Mixer
Numark TT1650 Direct Drive Turntables
Timecode Vinyls for FS

Now I understand some say TCV's are product sensitive, but I have read others say they can be used with VDJ. And I believe they can as timecode is timecode, ie. hours/minutes/seconds/frames/fields. Whether or not there is something imbedded on the timecode should not be an issue as I know there are converters out there. My question, does anyone know of a converter/driver which will let me use the FS viny with VDJl? Also, for my configuration, I use the Soundblaster mic input to get turntable 1 into computer and Soundblaster output to mixer. I do the same with turntable 2, but instead use the Laptop Mic input and outputs since I do not have the ASIO soundcard. Obviously not the best hookup but one that should work nonetheless. Under configration, I go to the Low Latency option where I am goven the option to choose my soundcard. It gives me 4 soundblaster options. ASIO4all v2....Creative Asio.....SB Audigy 2 ASIO (FDCO)....and SB Audigy 2 ASIO 24/96 (FDCO) When I choose any of these and click Config Timecode Left or right, I get an error message that states Error in the ASIO sound driver. Where is all this ASIO coming from as I don't use an ASIO, other than downloading ASIO for all. I'm so confused. Please help.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 7:21 pm
rEsKPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The FS vinyl isn't compatible with vdj.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 10:28 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Asio is needed to use timecode. The asio 4 all driver is the driver that "fakes" asio behavior so I believe you need to select that. This is a funky setup though and perhaps someone else can chime in because I'm not sure it will work as you described. Also, timecode isn't necessarily timecode since the software may read it differently between FS and VDJ vinyl.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 4:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)