Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MKII!! BUT...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do not know if VirtualDJ has any input on this matter (although they definitely should! After all, it is YOUR product that ships with the unit!), but I have a couple of issues that I would like to get off my chest. If you are not involved, perhaps you should be.

There are actually only two real gripes that I have with the DJ Console MKII, which otherwise performs flawlessly:

First, the crossfader (which is nice and smooth and responsive to the touch, at least) is just TOO DARN CLOSE to the jogwheels!!

Second, the latency is not conducive to (accurate) scratching, even with an external power supply!! I suppose that the important question is: Why hasn't Hercules (AKA. Guillemot) utilized USB 2.0?

I have been practicing scratching with the unit, and, for the most part, everything goes well until...You try to do something that is crossfader or sample intensive (ex. crabs, transforms, chirps, etc.), especially with MY chubby fingers-LOL.

Yes, it would probably be prudent to buy ($) turntables, ($) mixer, ($) TCD, and ($) pro-version (BTW, LOVE the software!), but what about the budget?! I went "digital" to get my name out there again, because "biz" in my area sort of went belly-up and we needed a "hook." And you can imagine, I don't have much to work with, besides my collection, existing equipment, and talent at this point. In fact, it was even hard to justify the purchase of the console!

The console would certainly be the ultimate digital tool for we DJs on a tight budget, if only the console responded more effectively to input, and the jogwheels were not so obtrusive to the crossfader...I mean, come on, really...You couldn't use a little bit more plastic to spread this thing out? It is disheartening to have such power at your fingertips and not be able to use it to its full potential! I certainly hope this was not intentional. That would really burn my buns, huh? I am in business myself, and I know that we all do "little" things to encourage our clientelle to "trade up." That notwithstanding, however, if only the console used the power of USB 2.0, and if it were even a couple of inches wider, it would be in yet higher demand than it is now in the U.S.!

My point? Open up the unit and get on board with current technology and let us utilize the console to its full potential! You might be surprised to see us winning contests with this unit with a bit of a "tuneup." Imagine how much positive PR that would bring, huh?

Any comments from other frustrated users would be welcomed, perhaps even necessary.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 9:40 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well.. VDJ has nothing to do with DJC itself, as a product of Hercules. Atomix Productions just supported this product and has nothing to do with design of console, usb specifications and buttons.

It has been written many times, just like you said. Crossfader is too close to jog wheels and so on. But response of the unit is perfect, although there is usb 1 used as a connection. I have MK1 and response of crossfader and jog wheels is perfect, but MK1 has few bad properties.

For any suggestions about that console, write to Hercules, they may listen to you and make new one, better.

Happy that you like the software, but there are many products other than DJC that you can use with it.

Posted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 10:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)