Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: fix delay: sort/search?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is there any plan to fix the sort feature of search so it doesn't have a delay anymore in alphabetically sorting searches of large numbers of songs? The delay is bad enough in 2.0 that I've had to go back to 1.09.

I don't know if this is a bug or not but it sure seems like one. For me personally, the delay at times is unworkable. Searches are fine when you have the exact title. but for those times when you put in a generic word to do a search and you come up with a hundred titles, it takes too long to visually scan. So you do the ol' alphabetize sort and dang if it doesn't take a huge chunk of time to make that happens sometimes. Painful when someone has a request and you're waiting and waiting and waiting for the sort to get done.

I posted this in the general forum to find out if there was a way around it. I have 20,000 songs but it didn't do this in previous versions. When I learned there wasn't, I went back to 1.09 which was really dissapointing as I liked some of the new features of 2.0.

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 6:13 pm
I am certain the Dev Staff is working on it as there are many people who said it takes too much time to sort songs.

macourteau

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 6:56 pm
thank u macourteau, thought maybe i had seen others post on the problem as well but wasn't sure. really looking forward to that being corrected so I can go back to 2.0, i wuz luving 2.0, but 1.09 is good too.

Posted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 7:48 pm
did 2.01 fix your problem? Just curious before I buy vdj2...

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 10:56 pm
2.01 fixes the problem ;)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 12:38 am
yes, it's absolutely fixed now; starts up in about 8 seconds on my setup, much much faster. And no more problems with sorting with large libraries, near instant now as in last version so I'm back to the most current 2.01.

Thanks vdj crew.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 3:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)