Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Adjustable sensitivity for the "auto video crossfader"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

One of the things that just wows people with mixing video is the auto video crossfader. I tried to explain to my DVJ buddy that you don't need a video switcher when doing video mixing with VDJ. He wasn't getting it so I explained it like "you don't have to worry about or care about video switching with VDJ. just mix your set like you would normally and VDJ will take care of making sure the right video is displayed on the screen". Once he saw it, he understood.

My statement was correct when I am spinning in my house, but when I got to the club, I did have to fiddle with video switcher setting because I think it's too sensitive. Basically I what I would do is make sure the auto video crossfader is activated, mix songs, disable the auto crossfader, cue next song, enable auto video crossfader before (or after) mixing the next track, repeat.

The reason I disable the auto video crossfader is because it "kicks in" when it detects signal from the other deck and starts to crossfade. When you are using TCV and you have the needle on the record and the record is stopped, the bass from the club causes the "auto" to trigger, which is not what you want happening when you just want the video to play. So in order for the auto to not trigger, I had to either disable it or put the song where I wanted and then pull the needle off until right before it's time to mix.

In the end, what was easiest was to pull the needle off the record until it's time to mix. What would be even easier is if the sensitivity can be adjusted so that it works the way it should, even in the club, without needing to resort to workarounds.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 10:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)