Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Console Edition malicious bugs? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

thanx for great feedback..

and yeah.. its not "strong enough for pros, still needs work, but has great potential"... but have you seen the new xp10 controller ?? definitive for pros, and perfect to connect to external mixer..

looks, and feels a bit like pro Pioneer-cdj1000 jogwheels.

agree with most of your thougts, but, if you haven't installed the latest firmware AND drivers from Hercules (www.hercules.com) - you really need to! ;)
Because that takes care of the "The jog wheel is hella bugged" (over-sesitive jogwheels) problem, at least for most users :) It's a known production error, fixed by firmware-update, in most cases.

one more thing, reagarding headphone...
- "Headphone output ain't loud enough" : increase the headphone channel in soundcard (rightclick green alien head, middle slider in advanced mode)

but sad to hear you are selling vdj...

also work as a proffesional dj, and love to have VDJ there with me at work. I still have my Pioneer decks, but tend to use VDJ more and more often. And with the new controllers around, like XP10 and timecoded cd's (can use my pioneer decks to controll vdj) its looking better and better ;)

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 1:37 am
DjSilexHome userMember since 2004
Greetings again,

I'm glad to see you understood my topic even if my english ain't that good.

Actually I hadn't downloaded the newest firmwave, I'll get them and see improvments.

As I said, sure VDJ is a good product, but it needs a lot of work and it ain't for me. I prefer much more real CD Mixers or Turn Tables to VDJ.

I'll take a look at the new product you're talking about...

Thanks,
Alex Chabot @ DJ Silex

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 11:09 am

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 12:34 pm
Thanks,
I checked them out, but still saving to buy 2 Numark CDX. Have you seen or played with them?

Alex Chabot @ DJ Silex

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 8:58 pm
Just played couple of hours with the new firmwave and driver update.

The jog wheel bug is still, but it's better than it used to be.

Greatest improvment with the new updates : The program receive console's command much faster (used to have a *big delay when sending a command to program with the console) now it still have a little delay, but much better than before.

*Ain't that big, but compared real gears (no delay / instant) used to be awful.

Posted Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 11:14 am
yeah.... latency is a bugging ;) lol

haven't tried those numark u are wanting.. ;)
U know, u can have a timecoded cd in those, and run them + vdj as if you where playing regular cd's ;)

that means litteraly that VDJ supports all those pro cd players, and can't wait to try them with "my" pioneer ones next weekend at club ;)

Posted Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 12:56 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you need a solid pro controller you should try Alcatech's RCP, but is expensive, anyway coming back to the console I agree the jogwheels needs tweeking but is fixable and I used it live and works fine .
The noise you here is from a ground loop and a quickfix is to use a ground lifter for your computer and everithing else you are pluging in it(like monitor and other self power devices), in this configuration gets realy quiet, or you can use a different card to output and an external mixer .
about mixing mp3 is not that easy as regular gear, takes more coordonation and attention plus a good monitor, a good mouse and some file management, but you can do so much more and you have a video feedback.
headphones hmm, here is a chalange, for the console you'd need something which can take a lot of pain and will give you a good bass range, but also they have to be low impedance, my best choice wasn't my senheisers, but a no name which I got with an expensive mp3 player

Posted Fri 06 Aug 04 @ 2:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)