Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: No change in 4.1?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hamojaHome userMember since 2005
I was very exited to know that 4.1 was released and had hope that some of the issues popularly known to this forum were fixed in the new release. My system has two sound cards installed, Sound Max and Audiophile 192 by M-Audio. The PC is a Dell Precision w/4 gigs of ram and 3.8 GHz Xeon processor, so I've plently of bandwidth available to the application.

I tested VDJ with only one sound card at first (SoundMax) and had to change the sound card latency to auto after hearing some crackling initally on play. I was really quite impressed with the sound. It was remarkably crisp, has great stero headroom and pleasantly welcoming. So I decided to test it with both cards this time (one for the main output & other for headphone cueing), left the settings as it was before to default, save, closed and reopened program.

To my surprise the sound was bursting with what sounded like someone throwing gravel continously at my speakers every second. And no matter what I do to fine tune the sound in an attempt to elimiate the pops was totally futile, regardless of what settings tried, even the ones recommened for 4.x failed to improve the sound. I had also set sound card latency to the highest point, 2048 with no luck.

So far, it seems to work well with cheaper audio chipsets in a single card configuration but not with both cards working together. I only use the program for wave/mp3 mixing and have no other special requirments. I really want to buy this product but until the issues are truely resolved, I have my resevations on this release. Any Suggestions?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:01 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Make sure you have the latest DirectX and soundcard drivers, also check that you dont have an Irq conflict

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:49 am
hamoja wrote :
To my surprise the sound was bursting with what sounded like someone throwing gravel continously at my speakers every second.
Lmao, that's some funny shit man.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 5:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
but you cant have v4.1 because your not a licened user.........

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:27 am
hamojaHome userMember since 2005
That I forgot to mention was done in addition to other troubleshooting steps. At least with 4.0 with sound latency maxed out the pops were suppressed and not as many, but created a slight lag in program functionalilty. Mark you, the sound engine has great potential but VDJ 4.x still needs alot more work.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:29 am

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:31 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im guessing when he says HAVE, he means OWNS. The trail version still 'belongs' to Atomix :p

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 2:27 pm
uhhh,look guy ,you have a great rig w/ tons of RAM, BUT, you could still need to do some or all of the system tweaks that you can find discussed here at this forum. UNFORTUNATELY, even now, a good processor and lots of RAM, will not make you proof against problems.

I am running the trialware without trouble with "only" 2 gigs of ram . However, I have done much to optimize my laptop.

What are your system priority settings? Is your firewall still across your firewire port? What are your energy management settings ? Is the wireless connectivity still on? Do you share ports ? Have IRQ conflicts?

You have a great setup, you have great software.....in spite of all that you still have to intervene and make some adjustments. The problem is that excellent specialized software is running on a generic platform (Windows).

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 6:16 pm
I should at least get anudder star for that..........lol

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 6:47 pm
Close ;) but no cigar... hehe

You need a licence to get stars from heaven ... hehe

But you have a valid argument... The nightmare for all PC software, thats the diversity of PC hardware on a "generic platform" (thats not even bug free)

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 6:58 pm
I see cried the blind man......... I can just BUY my way in.
I'm really liking the trialware . Can I get visualisations to run in the "full audio video " skin ??
I greatly like the babe and the ferrari.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 9:54 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
Can I get visualisations to run in the "full audio video " skin ??

Sure you can ;)
In skin + in preview window or video out (external monitor/tv/projector)

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 9:57 pm
I uninstalled and reinstalled the trial version and this time with the anti virus (Alwil) turned off.Now the automix is working right but still can't get visualisations to work.I took the VDJ wallpapers and converted them to bitmap with Irfanview; I have it set on slideshow and it won't play the wallpapers......

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 10:10 am
when i click the activate button one image displays for a moment and then that's it,it doesn't display any others......

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 10:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)