Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BCD2000 AND CALIBRATION

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok just got the bcd2000 and bought the pro, starting testing and rocking it for about a day and found that my biggest problem is the calibration of the gain pots. When they are in the 0 position vdj reads the values as a negative number and not Zero. So this is my question, every one that has bought one of these things finds the packaging as if it where refurbed including my self, so this might explain as why the calibration might be off. Is there a way to calibrate vdj so it reads the pot values at zero. This is a big issue for me cuz i have to keep adjusting the gains when i shouldnt have too.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 12:23 am
VDJ gain and your hardware gain knobs (console or real mixer) is not the same.

VDJ has gain detection, and adjust gain to make songs fit in volume

This is part of the track analyze process, where BPM and volume is analzed

You can go to VDJ options, and turn Auto-gain OFF, and see if that is more what you would like

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 12:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When you say zero (0) position are your referencing the CENTER between MIN and MAX or all the way left at the MIN setting?

My reason for asking, and I am coming at this from using another midi device (X-session); if I configure a knob to be used as the gain for a channel then when I launch VDJ that knob needs to be set at CENTER between the left and right turning stop points. If the knob is already to the far left then the minute I move the knob VDJ gets the signal from the device saying it is far left and jumps the gain to a negative value and doesn't go zero until I turn it to CENTER (0). This is because the knob was not at zero to start with.

Not sure if this is the problem you are describing, but it only make sense to me that since VDJ doesn't know where the knobs are until the controller sends a signal to VDJ. I always re-calibrate my X-Session because of that and since VDJ can not react to a control until the control acts, I think it would be hard for VDJ to ask the controller where all of its knobs and faders are currently positioned so it knows where to start at. Plus, I don't think that kind of communication can happen with controllers like the BCD, X-session or other controllers. The controllers just don't have that type of intelligence built into them.

Just my 2 cents.

cstoll

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 1:50 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
cstoll i see the problem....there is an offset of 200 in the absolute value....it's simple to fix..could be fixed in the next release!!

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 7:47 am
cstoll, I agree.
Mine bcd has this offset problem too, when I move it around and the go to the 0 position vdj sees it as a little bit under 0. On xilio forums I've read that BCD does not send any command for the zero position.

This is for gain and EQ faders (with zero in the middle)

Another nice to have feature is the behaviour same as the daniels dac2 mapper had:
When the virtual pitch slider is at -4 and real is somewhere else, you must "catch it" in order to move the virtual slider. So it does not immidiately skip from -4 to e.g. +6%... but you have to move physical fader to -4 and then the virtual fader will follow the physical.

This is nice to have for all knobs and could be an easy workaround for unability to "see" tho actual position.

Also nice to have feature is to be able to adjust the range of EQ and GAIN knobs, as I am sure many of us dont use the extreme values and prefer to have rather better "resolution".
Mainly gain is too sensitive.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 1:29 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
i making some experiment with dll mapper...and i can confirm that with +200 offset for the rotative control the problem is solved...you to wait a new relase with a new mapper that consider this !!

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:28 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys thanks and great discussion! Glad my 2cents maybe helped in someway.

@lopez453 - I agree with you on the daniels implementation for the pitch fader. It would be nice if that could be a common action with all controller mappers for faders and knobs.

cstoll

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 5:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
..speaking of mapper, is there anyone among the users or the team, that is working on a mapper for the BCD2000 as we speak?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 6:32 pm
yes.. Dj Cel and the Italian community of BCD2000 users are making a mapper as we speak ;)

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 6:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Very good news lately !!!
Who knows, you might buy a BCD after all !!!!!!

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:23 pm
yeah... if all turns out well, and if Behringer could give a little better asio drivers, I might get it to replace the Herc, when the Herc is worn out ;)

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:31 pm
Im glad that other users of the BCD can see what im talking about, well ill just wait for the mapper with the offset of 200 to come out. Thanks

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 6:34 pm
"I think it would be hard for VDJ to ask the controller where all of its knobs and faders are currently positioned so it knows where to start at. Plus, I don't think that kind of communication can happen with controllers like the BCD, X-session or other controllers. The controllers just don't have that type of intelligence built into them. "

The problem is not the controller it is in the software. I have a copy of " DJDECKS" and as soon as you start the software it looks at the controller and calabrates

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 5:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)