Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ4.1+EclerNUO4 (Midi) Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
OK, I updated to 4.1 hopeing that the midi problems would be solved. However everytime I start to mess with samples on the MIDI controls, VDJ4.1 will lock up the screen but continue to play the music. I know there are a few others out there with the eclernuo4, please post your findings.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 6:38 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Sorry to hear that, I hoped that new update will solve Elcer problems.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 1:54 pm
Ok I have done some more testing, and there is definately a bug with vdj 4.1 and the midi for ecler nuo4. I have went as far as removing the usb cable from the ecler and using the midi cables, and same problem happens. When I use the midi effects it locks up virtual dj. However if I disable midi, and use the effects via keyboard and mouse it works fine.
Dev team you have any suggestions? Starting to get frustrated here. Didnt have these problems in 3.4 problems were just with sound quality.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 11:18 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm still using 3.4 because of midi probs with my ecler. Waiting for some positive feedback till I try the update.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 12:25 am
yes the midi works fine in 3.4 why not in 4.0 and 4.1 I dont know. Looks like the other problem I have in 4.1 is the recording. I try doing master and the damn thing records me queing up the other table trying to match beat the song. Didnt do this in 3.4
I always like to try the latest version of software, I was really hopeing 4.1 would take care of the problems but guess not. I may have to use another software package to play my samples and effects, have to see what type of CPU utiliztion I get.
Dev Team, I said it once and I will say it again, I am here to help if you want to find a solution for the ECLER NUO4, this is a major mixer out in the clubs, its not one of the low end mixers. So please help us Ecler NUO4 users out here. Thats one reason why I bought the vdj software + ecler nuo4 so I didnt have to buy a Korg machine.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 1:38 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You should get some stars then funnyb0nz, so you can be beta tester for Nuo4, that way all who have this problem will resolve it faster. Norway?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:26 am
well I have made numerous offers to help, there are at least 5 of us ecler nuo4 users out there that frequent the forum. I would like for it to work right, thats what seperates virtual dj from the rest of the software is all its functionalities. However when they dont work, it really doesnt seperate itself from the others. Not bahing the dev team here, but come on this was brought up in version 4 with is causing virtual dj to crash, and now it contiues to play music but virtual dj freezes up and I need to kill the virtualdj.exe process and start over just for it to do it again.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 2:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)