Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 4.1 and BCD2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rdtraxxHome userMember since 2006
Well,,,, i've downloaded the trial version of vdj4.1 ... and i have the same problems ... i'm not able to do a prelisten with the bcd2000... if i put output master 3&4 headphones 1&2 i have no prelisten... If i put output master 1&2 and headphones 3&4 i have only prelisten...

obviusly i'll no purchase a product that doesn't works fine for me.

Any suggestions???

Thanks a lot.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 12:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
rdtraxx wrote :
if i put output master 3&4 headphones 1&2 i have no prelisten... If i put output master 1&2 and headphones 3&4 i have only prelisten...

Is this not the way it should be?

Anyway i think that the demo version you might have is still the 4.0. Did they load the 4.1 that fast? I'm not sure. One way or another the prelistening problem has to do with tha ASIO drivers. I can assure you that with an optimized PC with "clean" setup of BCD and VDJ, things work just fine (at least to the majority)
If you don't believe me, download the demo version of CUE (Numark.com) and see for yourself. BCD is on the sound card panel as an option and as a Remote control device. CUE is VDJ, so whatever you see there it will work with VDJ as well.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 12:59 am

And make sure your run the BCD2000 as an ASIO soundcard inside VDJ.
(also set the BCD2000 in B-DJ mode at the Behringer control pannel.. )

In WDM driver mode, headphone prelisten is a bit wonky, due to the way Behringer made it...

In the official manual of the BCD2000, page 7, it's written: "(in WDM/MME mode) the MASTER OUT connectors on the rear pannel and the PHONES connector on the front panel always provide the same music signal". So nothing VDJ can do about that, it's behringer's choice.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 1:03 am
rdtraxxHome userMember since 2006
Thanks for your answers... yes i've reviewed that things.

I want use the phones split/master out button to have or the master deck playing, or have a prelisten (using the pfl mix knob) with the master deck on the one of the headphone and the other deck on the other. LIke de BJ or Djdecks software.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 12:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
rdtraxx wrote :
I want use the phones split/master out button to have the master deck playing,

So far there is no such abbility with VirtualDJ

rdtraxx wrote :
...have a prelisten (using the pfl mix knob) with the master deck on the one of the headphone and the other deck on the other.

For this you can use the "analogue knob" on the right of the headphones volume in BCD.

The split/mix headphone button is at the moment with no use. We all wait for a mapper to come.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 5:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)