Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VIDEO: Has anyone had this situation... (please read)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

Has anyone who uses VDJ to play music videos on screens or plasmas, etc. had the problem where it looks like the video and audio do not match up perfectly?

Not terrible, but enough that it is noticeble (maybe 1/4 of a second difference)

is it my file format (.vob), the fact they were ripped as opposed to directly played on pioneer DVJ-X1 using promo only DVDs, is it the cable adapter (from s video to composite for laptop) , etc.

I'd like to here from video experts on this and would love to see if this could be worked out.

Thanks,

BH

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 11:12 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Which video card do you have?

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 11:18 pm
Thanks for our response...

NVidea 7900GTX 512 Mb

brand new card on Dell XPS 1710M.

I think it is a VDJ thing because when I play the .vob in windows media player it seems dead on-
in VDJ it seems ever so slightly off; enough for the club owners to notice

ever hear of this?

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 11:47 pm
So test this:
In the codecs pannel of VirtualDJ, select "windows mediaplayer video decoder" for .vob instead of "internal decoder"

Tell me then if you have the same thing

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 1:12 am
hi,

it does not say internal decoder next to vob.

It says "video decoder"

why should I cahnge this anyway...

please explain

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 1:20 am
Yes "video decoder" but in fact it's a vdj internal decoder.

I would like you to compare both decoder: one external and one internal

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 1:30 am
I HAVE HAD THAT PROBLEM BUT IT ISN'T ONE YOU CAN FIX I THINK EVEN THOUGH YOU RIPPED THE DVD'S I HAVE SEEN MANY PROMO ONLY DVD'S THAT WHEN PLAYED THEY THEM SELVES ARE OFF A BIT SO I JUST IGNORE IT

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 3:09 am
If i understand you right, it is a promo only thing, so even if it was played in a regular DVD player or DVJ it is still a little off sometimes? So it has nothing to do with VDJ?

I may have to agree becuase some videos from them are right on and others not which tells me it is not the hardware or software.

your thoughts...

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 5:53 am
It's usually a 200 millisecond delay. I don't know about vobs but in divx's I fix it with virtualdubmod and with mpeg1's I fix it with TmpGenc Express. If you take a look at my blog in the divx ripping part, down at the bottom is a section for re-syncing using virtualdubmod.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 11:47 am
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It's a combination of the Audio / Video synching with each other in VDJ.

These are "latency issues".

It has to do with the video card / audio card matching their performance.

It also may have to do with the performance settings in VDJ.

Have you adjusted these settings in the configuration window?

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 3:41 pm
Not always it isn't. Don't ask for the technicalities as the simple answer is, "I don't know" But after having ripped well in excess of 1000 chapters (individual songs) from my 'legally bought' collection. Some do rip slightly out of synch, and it's almost ALWAYS by 200 milliseconds, (that's actually -200 milliseconds). And that's with .vob files, played in whatever player you like. However, because I convert to other formats, ie divx or mpeg1, I just fix the problem at the conversion stage as described above.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 5:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)