Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Sound System, Need Input

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need to buy a new sound system for under $200 next month, being just a bedroom dj plus maybe a few small house parties in the near future I've narrowed it down to two options for now. One is to buy a second of my mono PA http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/AudioChoice-by-SoundTech-C100-100W-Portable-PA-System-?fg=102&sku=630130
I figure if I add a second one I can run the left & right outputs on my sound board to the two differant untis & then have a stereo system (plus I can run the headphone out of my board to my crate bx100 bass amp to act as a subwoofer). Or I can just buy this mini shelf system (in store model does have front minijack input) http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=149959&c=1

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks;^]

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 8:03 pm
Would seperating the left and right channels into seperate PA systems as mentioned above create negative effects? I know that seperating them sometimes into seperate channels on multitracks can create an overpowered, distorted tone, would that be the case here? I figure if it would work then if I started doing a few friends house parties I could set up one speaker per amp for mains and one from each for monitors. Should this work ok?

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 8:57 pm
My best advise is to hold off and save a few more dollars. You can get some nice equipment for a few hundred more. You can get a DJ mixer and 2 powered speakers ( and a multi channel sound card)

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 9:56 pm
I thought about saving to get something better, but I have to start putting money back for school also. It's mostly just for personal use anyway, the system I'm using now (sony nini shelf stereo) has speakers that rattle like crazy (almost blown I think) and the amp/ receiver unit has to be used by remote as the face of the stereo and it's cd players are malfunctioning. I also thgought about just getting something really cheap, but this will have to do me until I finish school (hopefuly 2011);^]

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 1:28 am
Ok, so I tested my c100 PA with my gear today & it sounded pretty good to be in mono, the loud speakers make a pretty big differance. So sticking to my $200 budget I'm going to go next month with the second PA system for bridged stereo.

Couple questions still;
1:Has anyone tried kustom PA? There's a chance the audio choice c100 will no longer be available by the time I have the money, but I noticed kustom has one similar for the same price.
2: Does anybody have a link to info on mounting speakers on stands? I figure since I'll have a five speaker setup I should put the two mains on stands;^]

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 5:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)