Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MIDI making machine ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tanveerHome userMember since 2006
LOL the title is weird anywayz . . . Is there any tool out there to which i can plug in a regular mixer and plug the tool to my laptop giving me MIDI control ? Or am i dreaming a little too much haha

Also Guys - If i want to hook up a mixer to VDJ but dont want an external soundcard (cant afford it really) will the USB mixers do the job or will i still need an external soundcard

I am running a simple laptop with no fANCY sound stuff.

Later
tj

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 11:47 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think ur dreaming.

imafriad

u need a midi specific mixer

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 10:32 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
As for your other question, though, the USB mixers have the sound cards built-in, though you must be careful because so of them, like the more 'studio type' mixers only have one sound card (2 channels = 1 stereo channel) for output.

It sounds to me like you might be interested in the Hercules DJ console. For about $250 US, you get:
- dual USB sound cards (stereo and very good audio quality)
- a native controller (even better than MIDI in many ways, especially with the mapper s/w)
- a mixer (not a very versatile mixer, but it does have inputs for CD players and/or turntables, plus a mic)
- Home Edition of VDJ (much better than the trial version I assume you have now, and doesn't expire.)