Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Wierd ESI Issue!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ohm_RSAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok firstly I love VDJ and have no problems with it or my ESI U46DJ Card. The problem comes in with my friends card.

We bought our cards at the same place, and they even begin with the same serial number. He uses MixVibes, and the idea was that it would be easier to unplug the card from his notebook and straight into mine without doing a lot of unecissary patching of RCA cables. However....

His ESI shows on his machine that there is only one active input (should be two), oddly enough mixvibes is happy with this (????). Now we are running different driver versions.

The wierd thing comes in when I plug his card into my latop. IT STILL SHOWS ONLY ONE INPUT!! Both inputs are set to LINE as well, nothing else is different!

I plug mine back in and hey-presto! All is right with the world!!

WIERD!

Any suggestions? I know this isn't really a VDJ issue, but maybe there are some pro's out there that can help!

Cheers!

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 8:01 pm
His not alone...

Contact Esi, and they will replace the bad ones...

Other users here have experienced the same, and Esi offered to replace the units

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 9:27 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
what driver is istalled on both pc's?

serials including 50 should use the 1.014 driver while newer model u46 with 51 & 60 should use the 1.016 version.

when i 1st got mine i was getting ASIO error not enough channels with 1.014, i was only getting 1/2 input to show 3/4 was dead until i installed 1.016, now it's fine.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 2:08 pm
Ohm_RSAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm using 1.016 and he is using 1.014. Both our cards are 50 serials. My card shows 2 channels his card shows only 1 channel (on BOTH out laptops), for some wierd reason mixvibes doesnt mind this??

Wierd. Nothing serious, just something to boggle the brain!

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 7:57 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
strange .. you can even try the 1.018 ver and see what thta does.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)