Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 4.0 Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok...

Back to my freezing up problem from last week... Hasn't happened again but it gets real scary when searching through folders. Things seem to move a little slow when you start clicking though folders... This is what I was doing when everything froze last week.... Keep in mind I am on a P4, 1gig of ram with nothing else running except VDJ...I even shut my virus program off.... Using it to just DJ weddings...nothing crazy here....

Looking for a fix in 4.1?? What else can I give you guys to help...

Vin

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 5:31 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
its probably just recursing the folders when u click on them

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 5:34 pm
When I click on the folders things go pretty slow... never did that before...and of course...it did freeze last week... what does "recursing the folders" mean?

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 3:57 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It is happening only first time when you click on folder, when you click second time on same folder it is ok or it is still slow???

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 4:04 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
xeon wrote :
It is happening only first time when you click on folder, when you click second time on same folder it is ok or it is still slow???

Xeon is trying to say that "Read ID3 tag" could be enabled, which takes time to analyze at first-time browsing.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 7:15 pm
disabled....

should "tooltips" and "charts" also be disabled?

vin...

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 2:44 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"Tooltips" are basic information about the button/slider/feature on skin you are hovering over with your cursor. "Charts" (I think) send song history to the VDj database, to keep popular chats of VDj users.

Both features shouldn't affect the browser refresh rate. Sorry, but I have no solution for this problem, I suggest you give more info on how the previous versions handled, is your disk defragmented, what's the size of your song database, how is your disk connected to the computer, etc. Could be of help.

Regards,
erXon

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 11:02 am
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you are using an external hardrive with its own power supply, try to plug directly into the computer and not through a powered USB hub. This worked for me.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 7:18 pm
no external HD>... just about 25 gigs of music on a 80G hD

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 1:22 am
... and still no word from support about fixing the freezing issue...

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 1:18 am
To you use the virtual dj xml database clean, or do you have read id tags enabled?

Reading idtags can seriously slow down the folder browsing, specially if a folder has lots of files...

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 1:26 am
hey where is radio forum?

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 9:22 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
tony17cool wrote :
hey where is radio forum?

Only Pro Users can see the radio forum, If you like the software enough to buy it then you will be able to use the full benifits of the forum

and please try to stay on topic with the post

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 9:24 am
ok tx

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 10:49 am
Tony17cool

Your 2.0 crack version couldn't acess the radio server anyhow.

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 6:46 pm
i don't have 2.0 crack version...

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 9:33 am
As far as hubs are concerned, I have a hp laptop with usb 1.0. I got a 2.0 pci card and run a Belkin Hi-Speed usb 2.0 tetrahub from that. I have (2) 200gb hardrives pluged into it. I found my soundcard worked best pluged directly into my laptop. Things run real smooth after the tweaks I've read about in related forums. I'm not doing anything fancy, just weddings and parties, but things run quite well on a machine thats getting older. I just bought a macbook Pro. Waiting for VDJ to set up for that. I think I will be trying out m-audio conectiv in the interum.

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 7:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)