Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Drumroll Please.........Virtual Dj Finally Working!!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It cost me over $1500 in new upgrades (not including the program itself) but it works now with only a 5 second delay and freeze while loading files...........not perfect, but not bad for a $199 program!

Trust me, no matter what VDJ posts for specs, don't settle for anything less than these specs if you want to do quality 720x480 res Video.

AMD Ultra Motherboard & Case with 500 watt power $229, AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4200+ $239, 2 gig ddr 3200 ram $199, NVIDIA 7600 gt PCIex ddr3 with 256meg $249, (3) Hitachi 500gig SATA drives total $687.........a half dozen trips to Frys Electronics exchanging parts that didn't help $30 in Gas and dozens of hours..........you guys not having to read my bitches about the program not working, finally using the program this weekend fully and finally getting a good night's sleep tonight PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if only I could find out why windows won't let my printer print anything bu the test page.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 5:55 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Finally! I am glad to hear you finally get it sorted out!
About the printer, get a hammer and smah it LOL

Posted Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 7:21 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
is that the new socket AM2 or still socket 939 on the processor? Just curious about the choice in ram, with am2 you can use ddr-2 ram.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 8:36 pm
Socket 939, didn't know there was another for the amd, didn't know there was such a thing as ddr2 (thought that was a graphics card designation). Board came with the case. Several reasons I selected it: Made by AMD so it matched manufacture with board, processor and now (nvida owned by AMD) video card. It has 4 gig ram capable, usb2 and firewire built on board, has PCIex slot and (2) PCIexSLI slots (just incase I need to do dual video cards down the road), 8 channel sound on board, and a big 500 watt power supply and the case was only about 9"x9"x15" with a built in carry handle so it's easy to move from club to club.......a pretty good deal for $229 actually I think. Only thing I may do is upgrade the video card to a 7950gt with 512meg ram in a couple of months (they have a 90 day full price credit if you upgrade to same brand).

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 3:50 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"(nvida owned by AMD)"
Unless something new has happened, It's ATI and AMD not NVidia
AM2 socket is still in it's infancy it would probably be better to wait for the second batch

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 3:54 am
I wasn't knocking the system, hell I'm jelous. I'm with philly on AM2 its not amd's fault but we are gonna have to wait till mobo manufacutres get their heads out their ass to fully use it.

DDR2 was developed for intel processors to compete with amd. to speed up their antique fsb technology. Its funny amd is using it now to get further ahead of intel yet again.

Still a happy 939 user here.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 5:26 am
Just going by what the sales guy told me that NVIDA was purchased by AMD, maybe they just wanted to sell me an NVIDIA card, sales people wouldn't lie to me would they?! Any way I am happy with it now, excpet (no concern of Virtual Dj) I can't get my printers to work with it for some reason. I guess I'll just have to run them on my old system and dedicate this new one to audio/video work, probably better anyway, but it means I have to re-arrange all the computer desks in my print shop to do it.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 7:56 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJ Cyder wrote :
Still a happy 939 user here.

TWO users...

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 3:04 pm
I like Amd too, but Intel Core 2 Duo is now much more powerful than AMD.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 8:32 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
I like Amd too, but Intel Core 2 Duo is now much more powerful than AMD.

this week sure :) Just wait 2006 was intels year, who knows about next year.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 9:50 pm
Sure, who knows what AMD is cooking LOL :))

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 7:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Quad Core processing coming next yearfrom intel oh yeh baby!

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 11:44 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
quad core is coming but you need an operating system that supports it, and software as well. Honestly there are not too many programs that take advantage of the new technology, its mainly videogames, cad systems. Now there is always gonna be the fight who is better AMD vs. Intel guess what, they both win. The Title belt goes back and forth. The same thing with Nvidia and ATI. Now Intel makes there own video chips however they dont compare to Nvidia/ATI. So basically all I am saying is that this week you could have the fastest baddest machine, but guess what something better will be out next week, the question is do you really need it?

I own my own computer business, I build custom machines and do bench marking on the different systems I build being AMD or Intel based motherboard. You get what you pay for, spend good money research what your buying so that way you feel good about your purchase (just like you did when you bought VDJ).

Now doing video, yes it makes it nice to have a higher end system, however I am able to do it fine on my Sony laptop that will be 3 years in febuary. Its an Intel 2.8ghz p4, 120gig internal drive, 1gig ram and of course I have it hooked up to my Motu Ultralite (500. sound card) and an external hard drive. I have no issues what so ever.

Now what I have noticed is that many of these new laptops come with so much garbage installed. You shoul d have gotten a cd with just the operating system. Your best bet is format the hardrive and just load the operating system with out all the garbage dell or whomever installs on the computers. I did that with my sony and made a world of difference.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 5:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)