Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sound cards and cueing??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My brother has a Audigy Soundblaster platinum soundcard which allows for cueing the song from turntable #2 in the headphones while playing the song from turntable #1 out loud.
If I wanted to use another soundcard that would allow me to do the same but a bit less costly, which would you recommend? Would Soundblaster Live allow me to do that?
If not, which one would help me?
Thanks and keep the music fresh and mixing flawless!

Posted Wed 14 Jul 04 @ 2:45 am
Do you mean that you want to prelisten to the 2nd song while the 1st one is playing? If so, any sound card with multi-channel output would be just fine (so a soundblaster live 5.1 would be ok). There are, of course, better sound cards that give a better sound, but any multi-channel sound card can do what you are asking for.

Regards, macourteau

Posted Wed 14 Jul 04 @ 3:24 am
is there any you might recommend in that price range, maybe a few dollars more.

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 12:54 am
If you are using a laptop, see ECHO INDIGO DJ .. ~ $160

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 1:32 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Remember tho, you can also do this with 1 stereo sound card. (cue one desk with the headphone, and listen to the other through the speakers.)

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 1:49 pm
reygPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i have two 3d sounblaster 4.1 soundcards and i could not prelisten to a song while the other song was playing on the speakers i first tried one and would not get any sound out of the rear channel so i installed a second card to use the 2 soundcard option and would not get any sound out the new card. do you have any suggestions

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 3:49 am
i seem to be having a few probs with my sound set up i have a santacruz souncard with hk sub and sats but no matter what i do i cant set it so i can hear me cueing up' can anyone help me to configur the bloody thing please !!!!!!?????????

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 1:10 pm
This can't work in the trial version. Please buy the full version.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 1:31 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
And I really don't think the Creative driver supports multiple similar cards in one system...

If you want to do some research on 4.1 or Live series (all emu10k based) try the driver on : http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

This has some pretty advanced options.

Creative also had a annoying feat on some cards, switching mode if it didn't detect jack/impedance in rear+sub out..
Don't remeber if this was the 4.1 series.

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 8:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)