Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Stanton Final Scratch V 2.0 -VS.- VDJ 4.0 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Yes, but with Serato you only plug in the HD, the rest is automatic. No need for separate setups/logins and no interruption. previous DJ unplugs, next DJ plugs in..

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 6:29 pm
thats nice;)
Maybe a feature to adapt:)

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 6:34 pm
It is a major reason why Serato is the leader of the pack right now..

Also if you download the software form the Serato forums it will start and allow you to build your record case. So you do not need to buy Serato yourself to setup your system, just build your case and plug in at the club..

Also of course the search feature is awesome.

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 6:41 pm
DJ XEO - "you can use the mic in, you may need to adjust the levels, someone may have mentioned this allready, oh wait, it was me! "

Trust me I've tried EVERYTHING! There is no way I can get a good quality recording w/ tcvs into my mic/line in input on my laptop...there's a slight buzzing noise in my recordings when I record like that! I've mentioned that b4 too...oh, and ever since I tried recording like that, I can no longer use that input...my mixer fried it! So there's no mic/line input that works on my laptop anymore........ :(

that's why I need a new external audio interface with more inputs/outputs...

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 9:06 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol how did you even manage that? just trying to save you spending some money if you didnt need to,

you wont blow up a mic ADC with line voltage unless its proper, proper, PROPER scummy, so scummy that the laptop would have to run on coal and be made in a third world conuntry where the poor 9 year old making it accidentaly ashed his ciggarette into the wrong spot.

all i can say mate is its definately possible to use the mic cause ive done it, have you tried running off batteries and see if you stil get the hum? if not then search 'ground loop'

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 2:28 am
Dude, I used to be able to use a mic in that mic/line input on my laptop until, I tried recording w/ tcvs w/ that input, and now even if I try to use my mic in that input, it doesn't work properly. It barely pics up any sound from the mic, and is now impossible to even use in the line-in setting...and it is possible to mess up that input after trying to record from my mixer straight to my laptop through the line-in. I've proved it, and a guy at the local dj shop said that was possible too.

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 7:01 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
atxwreckz : You're right..

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/showthread.php?t=210741

Quote :
The line input and the mike input are set up to take different signal levels. Microphones (at least the inexpensive ones that are normally used with computers) are unpowered and have a fairly weak signal that needs quite a bit of amplification before it can be used. Line inputs, on the other hand, are designed for the stronger signal that comes from a CD player.

In a few cases connecting the tape player to your microphone input may work, but normally you will get distortion and you may even damage your hardware. We recommend against this approach.

http://www.blazeaudio.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000002

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 11:47 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the voltages and impedances are not the same, but all it should cause is distortion. in 99% of cases the mic and line-in ADCs will be exactly the same component just with a different gain value in the driver. your not by some random coincidence the kind of DJ who thinks that more red lights = better are you?

i can get perfect results plugging things thru the mic input of my mixer if i turn the source down simmilar to a mic.

if you have blown up your mic input with your mixers line out, unlucky mate

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 11:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)