Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can vdj save a list of songs played at a party?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone,

Can vdj or does vdj save the songs i play at an event i do? so i can pull them up at another event or say if the client would like a list of the songs i played at there event. and if it cant is this somthing vdj will be planning in an upcomming update.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 4:43 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It saves playlists in History.txt as i know. Check VDJ folder.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 7:07 am
erdiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It also saves played songs on daily basis in the playlists folder (e.g. c:/program files/virtualdj/playlists) as playlist file (.m3u) so you can play them using winamp.
But the complete history of played songs is in, like xeon said, history.txt, which is a text file in virtualdj folder.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 11:38 am
Usually displays it as today's date (today being the day on which it's compiled). You can then rename it, if you wish (So-And-So's Wedding", and so on) - or you can simply delete it.

I've made playlists of the Number Ones, year-by-year and one of party songs for my sister - you can play them in Virtual DJ and it won't switch the track order round (unless you do it manually) in the playlist, but it will on the album. This should enable you to re-jig an album so it will show it in order, as when you play random tracks, it shuffles them around in the album - turns it upside-down if you play all the tracks in the album (20 to 1 instead of 1 to 20), if you get my meaning.

Posted Sat 30 Sep 06 @ 11:26 am
You mean like adding a position number to the song like you could in PCDJ. It was nice to be able to sort by position and still be able to shuffle and go back to the original list.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 1:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)