Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC 2 No Longer Working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have virtual Dj pro 4 and a DAC 2.

I hooked eveything up and it worked fine, then I noticed that there are wrappers available to imporve the feature set and I was thrilled because I am used to PCDJ and love the ability to browse through the record case using the controller.

So Installed the wrapper, and now the DAC 2 no longer works.

I removed the wrapper and I still cant get it to work...even when it worked originally.

Right so maybe I tried the wrong wrapper, I tried any of the ones with a mention of DAC 2 in the description and nothing.

I rebooted mutiple times...tried the DAC 2 with PCDj and it still works fine.

Any ideas guys..

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 11:58 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
have you installed a mapper?
are you sure that in the setup, external hardware the dmc1/dac2/dac3 is abilitate?
i'm using a dac2 with virtusl dj from some years without any prob.
please first answers my question then i try to understand what's the problem...

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 12:59 pm
Sorry I mean mapper not wrapper as I had written ealier.

When I frist placed the DLL in the Virtual Dj directory that is when the problem started. When I try and enable it in the config...it does not seem to be finding it any more.

I tried auto and every other option there aswell. No joy

I removed the DLL file aswell and I still get the problem remains.

1. So in short DAC 2 worked with no mapper.
2. I installed mapper. It did not work
3. Removed Mapper. It did not work.
4. tried other mappers. It did not work
5. Removed mapper. I does not work even without the mapper.

the display is lit on the controller with just "---- ------ --"

Any further ideas

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 1:40 pm
1)please go in the controll panel of windows...then system and hardware....find in the the device dac2 controller than open the properties and tell me which com port is assigned....

2)what version of virtualdj are you using?

3)do you confirm me that with pcdj works well every time?Try many time with open and close the program to exclude dac2 hardware problem

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 1:51 pm
I can confirm that the DAC2 works fine with PCDJ everytime.

I will check the rest of the info for you later this evening.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 3:07 pm
VOG it's important exclude 100% random failure....because if there is a software that works every time with dac2 and other that not it mean that is a software problem!!
In case that dac2 work not well with random faiulure in all sofware it means that probably we have hardware problem...
Vog listem to me...before make other operation...make first this then so we can go on!!!:)

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 3:38 pm
Ok here is what I was able to test last night,

Checked the control panel and I am not too sure where you can find the COM port. I have the DAC2 listed under my usb controllers and I have two items in Human Interface Device list.

within PCDJ the DAC2 is listed as COM4 by the way.

Opened PCDJ 10-15 times before my gig and each time the DAC worked without any issue.

Opened up virtual DJ, set it to auto detect no joy,

Tried COM4 a number of times and still nothing.

There are currently no mappers in the virtual dj folder, I will post a list of whats in that folder later today.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 11:14 am
cool....vog..in this way now we know that probably we have not a hardware problem!!!
ok VOG post me the list...
and if is possible post me a screen shot of the process of your task manager.
I think could be a com port com problem....we have to try change the com form com4 to com3
late i'll post to you the way to change the com port of dac2...

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 11:23 am
ok to change t he com port follow this instructions:
1)go in the control panel of windows
2)click on system icon
3)hardware then open the list of you hardware.
4)clic on com and lpt
5)click on pcd dac-2 controller
6)click on the top of windows on the setting og the port
7)click on advanced and now try to change from com4 to com3.

i don't know if you have understand well...but my windows interface is in italian and i tryed to trasnslate in English...

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 10:05 pm
I am kinda having the same problems and my DAC does work flawlessly in PCDJ. The other problem I am having is it seems that the usb is losing connection, OR VDJ is losing connection with the DAC as the display will go wacko and have a bunch of lines and won't display things properly. Is there a USB snooze setting or something I am missing?? I am using a powered USB hub and also a PCI USB card. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 12:28 am
what kink of power supply do you employ to power the dac2?
could you measure the output voltage please?

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 8:09 am
I am using the power supply that came with the DAC 2. I believe I have figured out the problem but I am not using that system til Monday so I will let you know. I believe it was IRQ sharing with the Video card as all PCIs are using IRQ 16. We will see. I played with it yesterday and it didn't have any problems for about 30 min when before it would go out on the 3rd or 4th song played. I will let you know. The other thing I have noticed is in the VDJ settings the little light that is either green or red if connected is red, but the DAC works.. That one has me stumped.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 3:17 am
i speak about power supply because in the past it happened to me the same problem....sometime dac2 stop to communicate with Virtual DJ.....look the light in the display and if see some variation could be a problem!!
I solved the problem with little increase the voltage out using a switching power supply with 15V dc out.
I think share the interupt is another point that's is better to eliminate!
try to change the com port of dac2....
and absolutely test the system with only dac2 connected to the usb...don't connect any other usb device to esclude some usb problem....

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 11:53 am
Yeah I am gonna play with it Monday. Thanks

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 11:57 pm
I have figured out what was causing this problem and it really had nothing to do with VDJ. The problem turned out to be that the computer and the Surge Protector were plugged into the same as my sound equipment and everytime the bass hit the power would fall below 100 and reset the DAC2. I have moved the computer and the DACs power supply to a different outlet which is on a different breaker and cannot get the DAC to lose communication and believe you me I have tried. Just to let you know this is not a small system like a mobile would use it is 6 amps 14 speakers 3 lighting controllers 2 computers and more. I will need to post some pics as soon as I get the booth completed. We are a 42 lane bowling center if that tells you how big the building is.

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 9:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)