Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: First Crash Ever - 9/23/06

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey Gang...First crash ever for me with Virtual DJ.... Can you believe it took this long! Compliments to the chef...

Had it playing cocktail music at a wedding and suddenly I could not control anything.... It kept playing the current song and even automixed to the next song on the playlist but no graphic movement and couldn't control anything.... I had to pop a cd in...close virtual dj...reload...and then it was fine for the rest of the night....

Vin...

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 3:00 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
DJ Vinny wrote :
but no graphic movement

Even the waveform?

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 3:18 pm
I think the waveform was still scrolling.... but i couldn't load and songs...search for titles, or open/close folders.... basically everything else froze but the music kept playing

Vin

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 11:09 pm
Same thing happened to me as I was Scrolling Through The Virtual Folder and again as I used Tekz flanger. Music keeps playing but nothing else responds. I think it's the same thing somebody else mentioned about a problem with the GUI refreshing. Anyway, I didn't bring it up cause i couldn't replicate it and it was the only time it happened. I Just Hope it doesn't happen at a gig. That's why I wanna get the icdx's cause i'll have back up.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 11:24 pm
Hi

Does the screen go blank as well? If so, I am having the same problem - except that the screen goes blank.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 10:38 am
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I got a crash this weekend .everything stop exept for the music ,didnt do video only mp3´s . couldn´t use anything on the controller or screen . i got the freeze when i was browsing deep in the folder Like Other/albums/xyz ... all the other folder is in the root of my music folder and i dont get any freeze when im loading them , can it be some problem with deep folder browsing ??

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 9:38 pm
DJ NicePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cost of Virtual DJ: $299
Service fee for a gig: $550
Look on the crowds Face as Virtual DJ crashes: Unforgetable
Look on the DJ's Face when Virtual DJ crashes: PRICELESS !

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 11:16 pm
This is a word:-)Happend to me more than 1 time:-(

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 11:46 pm
I have had the machine ruuning for about 14 hours non-stop. I changed the screen to run in the full size of the windows desktop. (i.e. I pressed the maximise window button).

So far, no problems. I'm working tonight so I will give it a whirl then and let you guys know tomorrow.

ET

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 12:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)