Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: [HOWTO/FAQ] VDJ Database Updater

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How to use the VirtualDJ Database Updater properly

Here is a basic list of things that you should try before asking for help:

1) Do an extended analysis of ALL your files in VirtualDJ
2) Run the MixMeister program to update your files' ID3Tags
3) Open the VirtualDJ Database Updater application (the latest version, as there have been many updates), and click on 'Update'.

This should work perfectly. If not, here's how to use the '.txt' file module:

1) Same as step 1 above;
2) Run the MixMeister program, and choose to export the list. Save the file on your hard disk
3) Open the VirtualDJ Database Updater application, and choose to use a Text File to update the database. Leave all the options as they are. Find your MixMeister '.txt' file, and click on 'Update'.

If your question is still unanswered, or if this did not work for you, please ask for help here.

macourteau

Posted Sat 10 Jul 04 @ 4:52 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do I need the new and improved ID3 tag parser?

Can you explain exactly what "extended" analysis is? Does this differ from the right-click "analyze" ability from the track list?

Thanks for your time.
Bargler

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 3:42 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
-- You don't really need the new ID3 tag parser if your ttracks are correctly renamed (artist - title ... .mp3); the ID3 tag parser send to VDJ information about the Artist and Title instead the information in the file name.

-- Extended analyzis includes Gain, Bpm and Songphase information. If you don't make an extended analyzis of your song you want to play before, you'll have to wait for the analyzis when you load it before to play. If you don't wait the gain (for example) won't be adapted (if you want VDJ to adapt with autogain).

-- The non-extended analyzis only create or adapt your database with the tracks you can play.

I hope I helped you. Sorry for my english I'm french speaking.

Clax

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 7:30 am
When you scan your harddisc for mp3's, there is an option in the dialog box, "Perform extended analysis on all tracks". You should choose this, or select all your tracks in the database, and then right-click > "Analyze".

This will add the entries in the database required for the updater to work properly :)

macourteau

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 11:25 am
BTW Mac. This program is AWESOME! I forgot to tell you. The majority of my beats are right on! Thanks...

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 6:40 pm
I cannot perform the advanced analysis and fill my VDJ database because VDJ only alows me to select a hard drive not a folder. If I choose my music hardrive there will be 5000 songs to analyzed most of them not danceable!

I do not want to break my mp3 collection in 2 seperate drive just to anaylzed a few hundred songs. So can I still use the database updater?

BTW, in Media Player or iTunes the BPM have to be an integer. Is this a problem... or being off by 0.5 BPM is no big deal. I am asking because I might not use Mixmeister to fill the BPM tag.

Thanks for the answer

Posted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 5:58 pm
I think the Database Updater is not really useful now since the BPM detection algorithm in VirtualDJ has been improved so much.

What you can do though is to do a quick scan of your harddrive, and then browse (in VirtualDJ) to the folder containing the songs on which you want to perform an extended analysis, select one song in that folder, and press "Ctrl+A" on your keyboard. Then, right-click on any one of the selected songs, and click "Analyze" in the menu that pops up. This way, you won't have to analyze all your songs, but only the ones you want :)

macourteau

Posted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 6:13 pm
Macourteau,

Je ne suis pas trop sur que je comprends. Mon set est ce soir dans un centre d'escalade près du tunnel Hypolithye. Oups.
I switch back to english (bjulien2 - videotron.ca).

I know how to analyse any of my mp3 in VDJ. I was more interested in the database updater because I keep loosing the BPM and length info of my files. For no reason the BPM and length of some fiel already analyzed are gone. I wonder if it is because my database is empty and I always rely on analysis perform directly in my playlist? I though by reading the ID3 tag I will fix this problem once and for all.

Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 6:29 pm

Posted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 6:36 pm
bjbladerunner: essaie ceci: analyse toutes tes chansons importantes d'un coup, et ensuite fermes VirtualDJ. Ensuite, tu peux le rouvrir et tes bpm's devraient rester. Le database updater doit, de toute façon, utiliser une database déjà complète (donc toutes les chansons doivent déjà être analysées).

Bonne chance pour ton set ce soir ;)

macourteau

Posted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 6:52 pm
Thinstall; AKA Thinappz

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 2:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)