Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help with my performace settings.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I have read loads of things on here about performance settings and quite frankly, I got so fed up of trying to get optimal sound I just tried another DJ/Karaoke application and with no tweaking of anything it sounded absolutely perfect. Problem is, I want to stick with Virtual DJ because I like it and the functions are great.

I've tried max quality setting and even tolerate a high 46ms latency but even then, I was listening to a quiet track and could hear clicks etc., that do not exist on the track when played through other software.

I must get over that else I simply can't feel confident using VDJ in public.

Oh, and can anyone tell me how I can excape the blank screen on the second monitor/tv when there is no karaoke playing?

Thanks.

Martin

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 9:55 am
Blank screen:

Go to settings. Go to video tab. Go to use this plugin if no video is available. Point to either a picture or a visualization, however if your computer isn't powerful you may want to stick with a picture. I put my logo up there.

Performance:

Try unchecking safe mode and overclock. Try putting on the fastest setting and setting your latency to a higher setting (should default). You should be good. If not please post your system specs.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:00 pm
Thanks for that help. I tried the max setting for best sound and longest latency. In addition, I took sent the main audio output to the primary sound card and only the monitoring (headphones) are now sent to the Hecules DJ Console MKII and the sound was click free!!! Excellent.

Perhaps I've taken a bit of pressure off the Hercules and the USB port by splitting the audio like that. Do you think?

Along with your advice about adding the logo in version 4, I am now virtually tempted to go from my home version to the full version. The demo of v.4 has proved worthwhile.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 3:37 pm
Glad it worked. As a dedicated user of the program for nearly four years going back to the original automix program, I highly reccomend upgrading. It is well, well worth the few bucks.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 5:56 pm
I just tried putting a JPG on the video screen when no video playing, it didin't work. I tried as a BMP, that didn't work either. The images were placed in the VDJ folder.

??? Any ideas.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:09 pm
That particular feature is one that is not working good in 4.0, but is being adressed for 4.1.

What you need to do is write "slideshow" at the video config setting of VDJ, where it has a open box for what to use when no video is playing.
And then also, make sure you have set the slideshow effect plugin in the effect browser to look for the image files.

This works as it should for some, but not all. So its being fixed ...

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:14 pm
Strange, I remember that working for me just pointing to a jpeg in 4.0. I'll have to try again tonight. Maybe I took that workaround norway. thanks... Haven't had a video show since 4.0 came out anyway... all weddings, weddings, weddings.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:31 pm
SlideShow works absolutely perfect.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:48 pm
I have problems with video in general. I've ripped some videos in - but can't analyse them or even play them - it just says "Error".

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 5:40 pm
Ignore that - I managed to download Version 4.0 - managed to get the videos to play, after a fashion - but Deck 1 has a yellow line down the middle.

The tracks were also unanalysed - but I relocated the database from 3.4 to 4.0 and they worked fine - until last night, when it said "The internal database is corrupted". I analysed them again - only to have it crash on me just as the last track went in. A "Recovery" menu came up, but the Recovery option corrupted the database again.

Couldn't find the skins I had downloaded from this site - but I did the same and they showed up.

Also, I can't get those VDJ Visuals to display.

Finally - how do I activate the effects like Fader Start and so on?

Posted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 10:59 am
I started having a problem with "jittery" sound when sliding the volume control up or down. I tried the performance settings posted above such as "Try unchecking safe mode and overclock. Try putting on the fastest setting and setting your latency to a higher setting (should default)...." and this is working very well now. Thank you vry much.

I use VDJ on all public perfomances now! It's a great program.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 1:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)