Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer BCD 2000 vs. Hercules DJ Control MP3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jeemmHome userMember since 2006
Hey! I was just about to buy Hercules Dj Control Mp3 console, but suddenly I saw Behringer's product. To be honest I really loved the design.. it is important but not as important as comfort and quality...so my question is which product should i choose? (BTW in every case i am going to purchase VDJ PRO so that part doesnt change) Thanks in advance....

***I hope that Behringer one works well with VDJ(without any problems i mean..and full control)

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 9:20 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
BCD2000 all the way because it has internal sound card and Hercules DJ Control Mp3 does not. You have Hercules MK2 which has built in sound card and it is better option than Behringer and it works perfect. BCD2000 has some issues with VDJ V4 but will be corrected in the next update (4.1).

Posted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 6:00 am
@DJ-Alf:

i have had all of the controlers (also bcd2000 since sept-24th). first of all: the old hercules djconsole DOES have an internal soundcard (just like the new-one mk2). seccond: why do you think the internal soundcard of the herculesconsole is better than the one built-in to the bcd2000? i've had a full blast last night on the p.a.systems we use for gigs, i can ensure you that the bcd2000 sounds better than the hercules console (in asio-mode).

i had some struggles to get the asio-driver working, but it's working now (and i sold the hercules console ;-)

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 4:18 pm
DJCanonnball wrote :
i can ensure you that the bcd2000 sounds better than the hercules console (in asio-mode).

Agree with you.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 8:10 pm
My vote for BCD working in ASIO mode

regards

DJ QUINTANA

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 9:46 pm
He was talking about Hercules DJ Control MP3, it DOESN'T have sound card!

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 3:18 am
@DJ-ALF:

so you're saying that Hercules DJ controle MP3 is some other device than Hercules DJ Console???
in that case i don't know anything about a Hercules DJ control MP3, but if you mean the Hercules DJ Console.. it really has a 6 channel soundcard plus a midi interface. (really! ;)

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 4:56 pm

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 6:49 pm
Thanks manquin ;)

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 1:17 am
Glad to help :)

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 2:10 am
so i checked the link above. LOL Hercules forgot to add a 6-channel cinch and midi-connectors.

when i was young, that console had all of those connections ;) i didn't know that they released another Hercules console without any audio/midi-hardware.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 9:18 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I started using VDj with an Hercules DJC more than 2 years ago, then i changes to MK2. Works better than Version1. Hercules is very transportable and works fine but looks small for dj cabin and has static sound when no song is playing.
Now i'm thinking in changing it for am BCD2000, it looks very pro but in other way there's the bad "reputation" of Behringer components.
Is there someone that has tested both products to compare?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 3:45 am
manu atHome userMember since 2006
The "bad reputation" of Behringer components is not right !!
It's just that Behringer delivers verry good quality for a really good price.
There are a lot of people thinking that if the price is low, the quality is also low.
The design and engineering is done in Germany and de assembling in China, that's one of the reasons that the price is lower than other pro-equipments.
Here at my home recordingstudio it's all (digital) Behringer equipment and i can say the quality that come's out the speakers really rock's !!
Just look for a good musicshop and ask for a demo of the BCD2000 and you will see that it's a good peace of hardware.
Don't believe anything that people telling you or writing down in a magazine.
It's like digital camera's, some like canon and other like nikon.........

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 2:50 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Push a button or use a slider on the Hercules and then try BCD2000. I promise you will never touch the Hercules again ;)
I have the old Hercules DJ-Console and comparing to this my BCD's sounds much better!

as far as i can see the only point wich goes to Hercules is:
MIC IN

BCD has:

better buttons
better sound
better layout (i dont know how often i ruined a mix because of the positioning of Hercules scratch wheels)
a more professional look
more buttons (wich we can hopefully programme to our needs very soon)

My Choise: 90% for Behringer (with mic-in it would be 100%)

Have a nice day
Tanzi

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 3:43 am
You are comparing it to old Hercules console, how about MK2? We all know that first Hercules console is crap, but MK2 is much better.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 3:51 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
As i said: I have the OLD Hercules. And so i can only compare what i know ;)

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 6:49 pm
Fair enough ;)

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 9:00 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
MK2 has improved real time for start/Pause cue buttons but has no midi or optical conections like old one. Improved start/stop is great and important... but regarding sound is the same quality for both.
i changes one year ago old one for mk2 and was a good change... now i think is time for bcd200o for me

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 11:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)