Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: rip vinyl?????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just got in stanto T.80s and a stanton M.202 mixer...im gettin ready to purchase the virtual dj pro version so i can use the tcv...but i was wondering how do i hook up my turntables to rip the vinyl that i already have? Can i use my hercules mk2 mixer??? or what do i need and hat kind of sound quality would each configuation put out?? thank you...

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:11 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
sound quality is just fine, you can use whatever mixer you want, even just plug them in through the hercules , just make sure you select the right input from the rip vinyl config settings, I use a Mixer and line IN. also try it without the riaa preamp first, because you will be using either or and both methods have hardware preamps

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:16 pm
whats the preamp stuff????

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:23 pm
It's used to amplify the phono input of a turntable which is really low. If your using a Mixer or your hercules you shouldn't run into this problem , because both take the phono input and send it out as line level

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:27 pm
well thank you ill postanother blog if i run into any other problems lol...if you got ne other advice for ne other things just holla thanxs man much appreciated...

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:30 pm
Your Welcome, If anything I'm sure myself or someone else will be happy to help. Good Luck!!

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)