Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I'm new and ready to get started.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have tried the trail version of virtualdj, its great and I'm thinking of purchasing it. Before I can do so, I need to know which one you recommend. I see you have several softwares thats confusing me in making my decision. I just started djing with CDs at a local club but I see that digital is way to go. I want to be able to put something on my computer and take it to the club.
I also want to know if I require anything special on my computer to make this happen, do I need a special computer. I want to use my laptop.
Please inform me if I need any additional connections. I want to be able to use my headphones to listen to a song before I play it. My friend said I need another sound card but I really dont understand. Is there anything special I have to get. Please let me know exactly so I may purchase these items. I am ready to take this software to the club with your help.
My laptop is a pentium 4, compaq, 512 MB....

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 7:19 pm
Yes you need a SUPER COMPUTER.;)Just joking, your computer sounds good enough. VirtualDj Pro 4.0 would be a good start. If you wanna keep using your cd players with VDJ, you could get the U46DJ by esi. It's recommended by Staff and it's not very expensive. I use it and it's stable. You'll be able to pre-listen your tracks.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 8:17 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
What are the exact specs? it sounds good enough for audio, but if you plan on using the video you gonna need a good video card

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)