Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: turntable setup help..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok i just ordered my turntables yesterday once i get them in i'll be saving my money to upgrade my VDJ and get the 2 TCV...

I know everyone talks about gettin an ASIO soundcard but how does that work, like how does it hook up to your computer and stuff...

Someone also told me with the hercules MK2 you don't get as good latency is this true?? because it seems as if it would be a whole lot easier to set up this way...if anyone has any tips or other suggestions to a nice clean setup it would me muchly appreciated...thank you

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 9:28 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
ASIO is just a driver with lower latency than WDM (direct x) and you can use it with your console also. You hook up your Console, select ASIO driver for it and play it. I think you have Latency option in your MK2 settings.
As for TCV, well, you can use your console (if it is Hercules MK2), but you can't scratch hard because it is not a low latency sound card (like Maya 44 or ESI U46DJ). I suggest you play with your console and than, if you are not satisfied, get one of the better cards mentioned and use your console as a controller only.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 8:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)