Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: (Dj mag slate Vdj and mk2 ) :(:(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
shocking news folks

on the dj mag website

i was reading the review
http://www.djmag.com/tech/Hercules_DJ_Console_Mk2.pdf

of the mk2

in which virtual dj is refered to as tacky , cheap "Overall the software feels a bit cheap"

and unprofesional looking "Virtual DJ software included certainly
doesn't look as trimmed and professional"

and had way to many graphics on screen which where confusing for pro djs and producers

and not as good as tracktor

i personaly have been using virtual dj and automix mp3 since they came out

and im personaly a total fan of this software

what they failed to mention is that virtual dj gives you twice the features at roughly half the price
supports a whole range of hardware ,

it is not tacky it is very stable and reliable

the interface is not unprofesional far from it alows many features to be shown which in other programs are ferreted away in hard to find menus

the screen shows alot of useful information

im not impressed with dj mag!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 8:52 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if they could have used it with the 4.0 version im sure they would have been suitably impressed. also predjudice to programs with poor styling is to be expected, recall the statement of 'the program ran without a hitch but it looked a bit cheep'

just goes to show that they are less interested in stability than the look of the program, what do you expect for the money paid? i would chalenge them to buy better software and a controler for the same price

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 9:17 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ Mag is a British magazine and not the most trustworthy at that. They have a great Bias towards PCDJ products, which is also a British company. Anyone who seriously can claim PCDJ has a fraction above Virtual DJ needs their head examining. Clearly Virtual DJ is superior, and that is evident in its recent success.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 9:28 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
They mention that many functions can only be accessed by the computer keyboard, which is totally untrue.
Regarding the 3.4 version default skin, I have to agree with them... Version 4 skin looks much much better, but it's only a skin. This software is much more powerful then anything else out there, and people are slowly starting to realize this.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 9:29 pm
wow... I totally respected DJmag until now. I been aware of their connection to the UK softmare PCDJ for some time, but now Dj Mag made a all time low.... Anyone trying the demo if VDJ will easily see that VDJ is lighyears ahead of PCDJ... except DJ mag... what a shame... Oh well :) who cares really

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 1:45 am
true lol , but i had to vent my anger some where :D

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 10:49 am
The reviewer hasn't been able to put the content in the context of the price. £178 (or less) for f***s sake for a controller and software. Must be the bargain of the year!

We all know the previous criticisms of VDJ's skin, especially from SSL users, it's sad that a reviewer can't give a bit more informed point. But, it's not all bad. I can see a lot of people buying the controller following the review. Then they will join us on the forums and as time goes on become VDJ fans like us..
A

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 12:10 pm
I wouldnt get too upset about it people, at the end of the day it is only one persons view.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

In a way i can understand why some people take a while to get to grips with VDJ, due to its unrivaled versatility and it's eagerness to be able to meet the many varied demands will all have of it, it can take a while to get it setup exactly how you want it.

Personally i'd take the extra investment of time needed to reap the huge possibiltites that VDJ offers everytime over it's more limited and thus easier to get to grips with competitors.

But it is all about personal preference.

Just a shame that his opinion appeared a a DJ Mag website and so some people will consider it as fact.

Personally though when ever i'm reveiwing software or hardware with a view to purchase, i research many different sources of information to get an overall feel the for general perception, so this 'one' review wouldnt have put me off.

Im sure most other people do the same.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 12:24 pm
a very wise comment:)

unfortunately i work with alot of begginers offering them advise they tend to jump on the first review they find , and as you very correctly said some people will assume this is fact

its just anoying because i have heard they have some deal with other softwares to promote them some where if i find the link again il post it

so its not fair :(

Peace

a concerned vjd lover lol

digimixer wrote :
I wouldnt get too upset about it people, at the end of the day it is only one persons view.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

In a way i can understand why some people take a while to get to grips with VDJ, due to its unrivaled versatility and it's eagerness to be able to meet the many varied demands will all have of it, it can take a while to get it setup exactly how you want it.

Personally i'd take the extra investment of time needed to reap the huge possibiltites that VDJ offers everytime over it's more limited and thus easier to get to grips with competitors.

But it is all about personal preference.

Just a shame that his opinion appeared a a DJ Mag website and so some people will consider it as fact.

Personally though when ever i'm reveiwing software or hardware with a view to purchase, i research many different sources of information to get an overall feel the for general perception, so this 'one' review wouldnt have put me off.

Im sure most other people do the same.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 3:46 pm
I dont see a problem with the article all that is said is he did not like the defalt skin. i think the skin in 3.4 looked a bit cheap and like a kids program so i down loaded the skin that look like serato as it fitted my needs for tcv work and i dont need the vid stuff but thats my view and every one has there own views be it vdj or pcdj or mac or pc.,
I also think it would be great if vdj came in two packages one for just tcv/tccd and no video and one with....

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 3:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)