Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Batch File .vob Conversion Programs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Being totaly novice in pursuit of Video DJing nirvana, I purchased all the PromoOnly historical Best Of videos in Atlantic City along with VirtualDJ 4.0 and Swift Elite 3.0.

Currently, I have VDJ 4.0 loaded and am in the "getting to know you" stage of use.

Ripping DVDs to some form of compressed files got way too complicated with the numbers of DVD rippers and codecs available, not to mention the unending settings within each program available that either dramtically reduced quality or did little to file sizes.

I opted to import all files as .vob. Huge files but clean and consistent, to the tune of 249gb and 1,250 tracks from just those DVDs.

Now that I have established a great useable straightup uncompressed library to draw experience from, I would like to begin experimenting with compression. It seems as though my rippers only wish to compress from the DVD itself and not from a folder. The one program that I do have (AVS Image concerter) only does one at a time.

Can anyone recommend a program or two that batch file converts .vob files in folders to mpeg4/ .avi and maintains the file name protocol of the .vob files (wasn't that fun to do!!)?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 4:13 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 4:27 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Cap, I've created a perl script to name Promo Only DVDs that you might find useful if you have a modicum of programming knowledge. The link is:

http://fullspec.ca/misc/video

It's crude, but a hell of a lot easier than typing it in by hand. You'll just have to get your information in a spreadsheet like the one provided there, and paste it into the appropriate section of the perl script.

Anyways, for converting your VOBs into Divx, I'd recommend Dr. DivX OSS. It's free software, and usually does a great job, although it seems that there are a few files it has issues with, so double check your encodes before deleting the originals.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 2:29 am
And have a read of the divx tutorial in my blog here :-

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/TopHouse/?category=2

That's the way i do it and I'm happy with the resulting quality. Others may disagree and have their own methods, it's different horses for different courses at the end of the day.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)