Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What can be done with a Logitech G15 Keyboard?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was curious to see if anyone around here has tried using the Logitech G15 Keyboard with virtual DJ.

It's a backlit keyboard that should light up well in low-light environments, and it has several extra macro keys on the left, and an LCD panel.

I'd think that a creative user could find some great ways to use such a keyboard with virtual DJ. The extra keys would be nice for mapping player functions to, and perhaps you could do things with the LCD like show play-time, song titles, or whatnot.

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 12:41 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if u can get the software shipped with the keyboard to read information from virtual dj it should work

i think they provide a utitly to make links to show whats playing , or whats happening in game and programs try the install disk

to make shortcuts , go to keyboard shortcuts on the virtual dj config screen :D

hope that helps

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 1:57 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good luck, I have a Dinovo 2.0 keyboard and I haven't found a possible way to have my downloads on emule or bittorrent on the mediapad screen.

it only supports the official compatible software (WMP, itunes, outlook, etc...) but there is no possible way to make it work with other software since there is no SDK.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 2:05 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Umm... I think there is an SDK for the G15 keyboard's screen, but I don't know much about it. I'm trying to think of what it could be used for.... perhaps CPU and memory usage, showing current track titles and time, or simply current time and date.

For $20 less, you can get a G11 which is the same keyboard without the screen. Perhaps that's more sensible, since it seems that the screen is nearly useless, unless you are particularily creative, and maybe also are a good C++ programmer.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 2:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)