Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Version 4 Bugs/things to fix for 4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys. Been using 4.0 since it came out and I must say it does alot and has many controls but the interface is so logically layed out and simple to use that I've already become comfortable using it on jobs. In fact, I think my previous DJ software (PCDJ FX) will very quickly become phased out. My congratulations to the design team and programmers for making a truly functional, diverse, and well thought out product.
With that being said, there are a few bugs/issues I've come across that hopefully will be fixed or adjusted in the 4.1 update. Here they are:

1. The first and most annoying thing is the visualizations/video transitions issue. When you turn on visualizations for MP3 files, it totally cuts out the video playing on the other deck. To go back to video, I have to go into the effects page and manually turn off the visualizations and then the video comes back on. I have not been able to find a way to fix this. Can the programmers and design team make the next update work along the lines of the following scenario:

Deck one is playing a video and we see video on the screen. We load an mp3 file into deck 2 and set the effect to sonique. Then while deck one is still playing, we cross fade the video fader to deck 2 and the video transitions we chose make their transition to screen 2 which is the sonique visualizations. Next, while that is playing, we load another video into deck 1 and cross fade back into deck one. As we do so the video transition does it's thing showing deck 2 fade away, while deck 1's video comes up. This is all done autuomatically without having to go into the effects page to manually turn off soniqe.

2. Please fix the video camera input so that it works. I tried for 2 days back and forth with one of the tech's at virtual to get my Sony digital camcorder feed to come up on VirtualDJ with no luck. All I got using the Firewire was horizontal lines. The USB connection didn't work at all and only locked up the program. After testing different options and performing tests, the tech told me that the camera issue is a bug with virtualDJ.

3. From time to time when I'm mixing 2 video's, the videos stutter or lag behind the audio. This happens while both decks are playing and I'm transitioning between decks. As soon as I turn one of the decks off, the other one plays fine. It dosn't do this all the time, maybe 30% of the time, but it's enough to be noticable to my clients. I have DJ freinds who have reported the same issue on their systems with VirtualDJ 4.0.

4. There is still the occasional lock up when playing video files, which can only be escaped by shutting down the program with cntrl, Alt, Delete.

Those are the only issues I've come across so far. If anyone, including the programmers have any insight how to resolve these issues on the current version, please let me know. If not, please let me know that the developers are aware of these issues and are currently taking steps to correct them in the next version. Finally, is there an expected release date yet for the next update that will fix these issues?

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 5:52 am
There is already a thread for this subject. Please see the sticky posts in the thread subject list.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 5:57 am
I think I found the thread you were talking about, but it dosn't cover all the bugs I've listed. In that thread though I found another item I would love to see - "Can we also get some moving and or flashing text too? Then we could write longer sentences and not have to sweeze them down to fit the screen."

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 6:06 am
blaide13 wrote :
I think I found the thread you were talking about, but it dosn't cover all the bugs I've listed. In that thread though I found another item I would love to see - "Can we also get some moving and or flashing text too? Then we could write longer sentences and not have to sweeze them down to fit the screen."

Let's try again, there is a sticky thread entitled 4.1 What I'd Like, posted here :-

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54896/General_Discussion/4_1_What_I_d_Like.html

Which has been made sticky so that people notice it and add their own notes to the thread, the idea being that it creates some organisation instead of people posting all over the place making the Dev Team hunt for clues.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 1:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)