Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound slow down while ripping cd's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've had this problem with vers 4.0

While having music playing in either deck and ripping with my cd drive onto my seperate hard drive i'm experinceing a massive slow down in music playback. One of my other DJ's that uses tractor at the same nightclub said he had the same problem with tractor.

Now here's the deal.

I took my club system home and uninstalled v4.0. and then re-installed v3.4, and tryed the same old thing - playing a track and ripping at the same time.

No changes at all in system config
No changes at all in hardware.

It worked without a hitch. I was able to Ripp the three tracks I wanted and had no problems with playback whatsoever.

I use creative media source player for ripping with vdj simply minimized with a dac-2 so i can press play.

What's the difference in v4 compared to v3.4? does it use more processor power?, need more ram?

or is this a v4.0 bug?

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NIghtclub

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 8:34 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
What are your computer specs?

You have to set up the correct settings in version 4. If you want to do ripping while playing, you need a better Pc specs. If you want to have the same 3.4 performance, use the Performance settings in V4 in Fastest and try again.

VDJ consume less CPU than 3.4 do, but only if you use the correct settings for your system.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 10:40 am
I've got an amd sempron 1.8ghz processor,
1 gb ram,
no sound or video cards( seperate from the motherboard)
I just have mono selected with a splitter to an external mixer.

vdj settings: performance - best quality
- sound card latency: auto, safe mode and overclocked enabled

opitons - autoupdate - disabled
charts - disabled
tooltip - disabled
msn - disabled
max load - always
read/write id3 tags - disabled
security - ask
scolling - normal
disc - 45 rpm
pitch range - 12%
bpm engine - any music
auto bpm - disabled
auto gain - always o db
auto pitch reset - disabled
auto eq reset - disabled
auto cue - disabled
auto headphones - always
disenguage beatlock - manual
force fade - 0.9 sec
crosfader - full
remotes - hercules and berhinger units uninstalled - registry cleaned of them
- dac 2 the only remaining remote.

and I use the older version of the hercules skin.

what's up with the slow down?

DJ Marcel

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 4:23 pm
At what settings are you ripping 44kHz 16 bit, 48 kHz 16 bit, ....(=something else). It looks like that the sample rate converter is switching for example from 44kHz to 48kHz. This would result in difference in speed (-8%).
Ewout

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 7:02 pm
Got it figured out. I uninstalled v3.4, then did the registry clean-up thing with respect to berhinger sound drivers and asio(never did the midi yoke thing) then did a clean install of 4.0 again. and reset it as above.

So far no problems, ripped a couple of songs from the clubs CD's last night while working, and no noticable sound quality problems.

I'm really beginning to regret buying that BCD 2000. It must be a driver conflict or somthing really wrong with programming code for all of these problems to keep coming up. looks like whomever bought that little thing is gonna either have to stick with the B-DJ software cause it obiovsly has majour compatibility problems with VDJ.

Got a new 3 channel mixer and DAC-3 on order.

DJ Marcel

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 5:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)