Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Questions and ripping questions help.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Guys I need a little input and have a couple of questions so please give me some help.

1) for a labtop, what will give me the best quilty when playing onto a plasma tv? my new lp pc is a dell 1710xps with the new core duo 2 3.3 gig prossor, 2gig of ram and the nvidia 7900 gforce video card at 512 gb. I spent alot on this pc just for vdj, and im trying to learn as much as i can.

2)is there a better file format i should be ripping my videos in vob,avi,mpeg1,2,3 I have no clue and if you dont mind why. and is there a best file formate to play ripped video's? I know it kinda sounds like the same question but is there a differance?

3) As much is i like the cdripper that comes with vdj. what is the "BEST" dvd ripping program out there.

4) Right now i own the dac 3. on the pluging page there is a mapping thing for the dac3 does it bring all the features of vdj into it or is there stuff i need to map on my own, and is it better then the mapping that comes with the vdj4 disc?

5)lastly right now i have a inspiron 9100 labtop with one gig of ram and a pen 4 prossor and a readaon 7900 64 mb card. the pitcure quality is bretty bad on my plasma lines in the pic, and it hard to explain but a strobing thing going on, but not on the labtop screen just on the plasma screen, i had a lot of help sofar from djcider but its not fixed yet can anyone help on this one.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 1:56 am
There are a couple of us on here that disagree about video format etc, but for my angle, take a good look at my blog, covers ripping AND converting.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 3:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)