Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I Got A Promotion :o) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Seems I'm now an "Experienced Professional User" Woo Hooo!!!

Can anyone tell me what criteria makes the various users, like I know :-

No License User = The Civilians ie trial version users

Home Edition User = Such as Hercules users

Professional Edition User = Someone who bought pro version

Experienced Professional User = No idea but I'm now one! ;o)

VIP User = ??????

Ultra VIP = ?????

Team = I assume dev team members?

Also, on the main forum page, at the bottom where it shows what users are online, why are some of the names a link to message that person and others aren't?

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 2:46 am
What did you do?

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 3:52 am
congratulations {grumble grumble}

lol...just kidding...seriously congrats...

how many messages have you typed...i have a feeling its something to do with that...

i only got 131 with this one...how many more to go??

HOW MANY MORE TO GO BEFORE I TOO AM RECOGNIZED!!! {sigh}

hehehe...lol

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:15 am
oh...and about the names at the bottom of the page...

demo version users cannot leave their emails in posts and cannot be pm'd or have blogs etc..

the link basically takes you to that persons profile..

only pro ed users and above are linked..

shanti

DJ Rudra

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:18 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Congrats TopHouse, welcome to the club ;)
It is based on how many you contribute here on the forum, not on the number of posts.
BTW, over 600 here ;)

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:21 am
It's not how many that counts, but the substance of your post. Are you helping the community, or are you bitching and moaning. I think they are looking at how much you give back. I know some of my post are worthless. Congratulations TopHouse, you are indeed experienced.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:25 am
@ Rudra,

I see prof edition users not linked though, and my name isn't linked.

@ Man & Music.

So how did you get VIP status?

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:29 am
I did it, but it was disgusting, and I will never tell. Actually, you would have to ask the powers that be. I try to help as much as I could, because I received a lot of help when I got here.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:35 am
He's right about the helping part.

The more you help out in the forums, the radio and promoting the software along with the community, it elevates your status in the forums. So best advice, spread any knowledge you gain about using the program and help others on the forums with postings that are thoughtful and productive. Lots of folks post but its really a few dedicated folks who try to solve problems instead of creating them.

Welcome to the community.

Cuidate!
Batibiri

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:24 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Cool. That must be like when I was in air cadets, and I finally got my promotion to Sergeant!

When are promotions due, anyways? Is there like a ceremony for it? Who DJs it, the guy on the top of this page?

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 6:01 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Hi everyone. You are half right in this case. A man and his music dedicated 3 days to the vdj booth at this years expo. Much deserving of vip status in the teams eyes. Let me explain

-1 crackheads

0 no license user basicall those who don't own a license

1 home user mk2 light version users of vdj or mix station

2 Pro users those of you who own a license to vdj

3 experinced pro user users that stand out an are very helpful in the fourm perk is you can download the source code to plugins

4 vip members, long time standing members who go out of their way to help make our community better by making skins, plugins etc perk here is you get to beta test virtual dj

5 ultra vip top of the vip food chain, these people stand out in the vip sections

6 moderators help control the bitching :) single fourm

7 super moderators control mulit fourms :)

8-9 team these are the folks that help you in eservice with questions

10 Corporate level These folks make it happen dev team and web staff delivery staff behind the scenes folks

Hope this makes it easier to understand the levels cheers

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 7:00 am
Pick Me, Pick Me!? Who do I have to make friends with around here to get a promotion?

Hmm, only written 140 messages, 2 Dac plugins, one widescreen skin. Hold up, skin not published!

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 8:06 am
Yo, Cyder!!! Are you telling me that girl did not work for VirualDJ, and I didn't have to do those disgusting things? I feel so....so....violated.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 9:02 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Poor old boy :-p

Anyway, whatever you have done... you merited VIP status A Man and His Music.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 9:25 am
I am STILL just a professional edition user!

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 9:36 am
<<=====Writes "Experienced Professional User" on screen, under name, with texta!

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 9:44 am
*sigh*..if only it were that easy...

but i guess we have to earn our keep round these here parts..

if someone could answer tophouse's question though, about why some are linked and some are not..

at first i thought he could not do it because one cant pm oneself and stuff, but i can see a link under my name...

just to know...

c'mon, you "EXPERIENCED" users..lolz :))

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 11:28 am
Congrats !!!

When I first got VDJ Pro a while ago, I thought that the forum was a bit too hierarchical and controlled, with this ladder of titles etc.

Now I can see how it makes sense and really helps these forums to work well so that they help people and give good impressions of the softward and community.

Some other forums (not mentioning any names) are a bit out of hand sometimes, with new members getting bad attacks and all sorts of strange things going on disrespecting other members. Some will even ban you for polite questions which could be taken as criticism.

Haven't been able to post much on here myself for a couple of weeks or so because I've been on holiday, but I keep looking in. Can't wait to spend more time with V4.0.

I tried a couple of nights with it and didn't have any probs. Sound quality was great and I even tried it with the SSL Box to compare the two programs. I couldn't tell any difference between the sound with either program and the VDJ Vinyls worked reasonably OK with SSL.

A

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:40 pm
welcome on a higher stage Tophouse !

:-) does not maater the number of posts, but your contribution to the "society"
keep up the good work. And don't forget on "ordinary" users :-)

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:51 pm
Right,

Not matter the number of POSTs, 'cos always will start to POST stupid things.
It matters the quality of POSTS.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 2:02 pm
74%