Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: all bpm's showing up as 250 in bpm analyzer program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
what a pos I can't get this program to work right. grrr

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 10:37 pm
Please read this about the 3rd file...

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5548

If that doesn't work, then maybe you didn't analyze your tracks with MixMeister? Or maybe the files were read-only?

Which module are you using? the one that uses the ID3Tags, or the one that uses the .txt file? If it's the one with the .txt file, and you are using the file generated by MixMeister, leave all parameters as they are -- they work with MixMeister's .txt file.

macourteau

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 10:53 pm
I tried it both ways neither seems to work. at best it updates only 2 or three files out of 28,000 I think I'm batting 1000 with this. Yes I have all three files in the folder and have ran the mm program. I haven't a clue why it dosn't work.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 10:56 pm
There is an updated version that should be validated soon. Maybe that will solve your problem. You can add me to your MSN if you want (my email is in my profile).

macourteau

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 11:00 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
You MUST scan all your songs with the extended anaylisis. Bpms that are reported at 250 usually are tracks that have errors in them or that have never been scanned with VDJ. The program is not a "pos" as you say. I have used it and its wonderfull to have all the bpm info correct. As the author said please read all the info posted on the forums.

Posted Tue 06 Jul 04 @ 6:23 pm
So what your saying is I need to have Vdj get all the incorrect bpm's (this will take about 60 hours) then I can use the MM to get the correct ones. No thanks....

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 6:16 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think VDJ does NOT need to scan every song you have.
The updater will only update those that VDJ has previously scanned tho.

Still tho with 25,000 files it took the mixmeister app 2 1/2 days to scan the whole collection. (on a p-4 1.8 g computer) I did it here on my desktop. I don't think I'll actually bother doing it on my work computer. I'll do those the old fashioned way... as I need them.
I think that only about 20% +/- are actually incorrect.

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 7:12 pm
Actually my program will update all entries in the file "VirtualDJ Database.xml". The entries in there are usually files that were scanned or played. The other files that were never even loaded on a deck will not be in that file, and thus won't be updated.

Cheers, macourteau

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 11:19 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
So you say a quick scan could resolve the Cyder's problem?

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 8:26 pm
No because a quick scan only adds the files to the mp3database.txt. Each file has to be either loaded once on a deck, OR it must have a full scan (extended analysis). Otherwise, it won't show up in the xml database file.

macourteau

Posted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 2:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)