Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Table Design?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does asnyone know any sites with designs for shock proof but portable tables? I'm looking to make a table that won't let floor movement skip the needle but portable enough to take to parties;^]

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 10:39 pm

Not very portable, but cute:

hehe...

Vestax and more makes robust, portable dj tables. Tried a few models like that, and they are easy to fold, carry, setup, and stable non-skip texture on table and foot.

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 11:28 pm
Those look funky..lol Not really what I'm looking for though. I want to build something so I can customise it around my equipment and put an elevated board in the mid back for my laptop. Of course, building the surface is the easy part, I'm just not sure how to make it shock proof but portable;^]

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 5:12 pm

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 12:18 pm

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 7:35 am
The best thing I have used, was 4" squares of this special foam. I got them from Bobby Morganstein Productions maybe ten years ago. I put my 10 space x 6 space rack on 4 of them. This was before anti skip CD players. I could not find them on his site, so don't know if they are still available. You would not believe how good these things worked. Mine got messed up stuffed in my gear box, because Denon came out with an anti skip drive, and I did not need them any more.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 8:42 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
A Man and His Music wrote :
Try These

they could have at least changed the color

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:48 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
LOL!!!!!! I bet I ould come up with more uses that just that

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 1:17 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Try These

hehe, now there's something to fit my budget, for $25 it's worth a try, thanks!! I'm probably still gonna build a table though, I'm thinking of using screw on legs and two surfaces with a layer of foam between them and also weights inbetween at each of the four corners;^]

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 5:34 pm
This is a common solution in Canada but it involves some heavy(ish) lifting.

Go to a building supply store and get two 15"x15" patio pavng stones. These are heavy little things about 30lbs each. Then get 8 tennis balls. Place the patio stones on top of the tennis balls, one at each corner obivously, you can even place one in the middle if you want.

I first saw this type of set-up about 10 years ago back when I was working as a sound engineer for a production company in Toronto. We were setting up for a private rave in a campground in the middle of nowhere. We had set up 3 stages out of scaffolding and plywood surfaces.

It works on a rickty scaffold stage with 30,000 watt concert sound systems and dancers on stage.

Should work for you
DJ Marcel

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 6:53 pm
That's some good info there too, but I was thinking I might just dig out stones from the unused BBQ pit in my back yard for the weights. Should I instead aim for aroiund 15 pounds in four corners? I'm trying to keep the budget for it around $50 and if I dig out stones from the pit I'll probably still be pushing it for the wood and foam. Though if egg crate foam made for beds would work then I've already got that too. But I'm thinking I'll need much thicker foam than that;^]

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 9:54 pm
I use the K&M Dj shock proof Turntable desk. Works excellent! I have 2 18" sub cabinets right under it and no feedback or skipping. A little pricy.... $600. Folds in half for portability and the legs adjust for crooked floors or for using it outdoors.

http://www.k-m.de/DJ-TABLE-SUSPENSOR.3+M54ef6a4c9f0.0.html

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 10:19 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Years ago we used a mesh of rubber bands to suspend the turntabes only drawback was when they broke :)

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 10:54 pm
Rubber bands are good.]

I used to have a Roadie with a big Belly. That worked well too, with two Technics 1210s on his stomach. Although he used to go a bit purple towards the end of a gig.

a

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)