Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 4 issues A MUST READ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not going to rant or bad talk Atomix about all the issues with VDJ 4 like a lot of others have. If you have been reading anything in this forum, it's filled with people having issues in alomst every area.

For the foremost, Atomix has always been good about resolving issues. At the same time I think it needs to be mentioned that in all the post i have read, there has been no responses from anyone at Atomix giving any real solutions other than that they have beta tested it and it was working fine for them.

If this was just a few people and a few isolated problems then I would understand that it could be something simple. I made a point to read as much as I could before even posting anything because we all know that if you ask a direct question about an issue, everyone is just going to say that "question has been asked before and to read about it". I don't know about everyone else here but aside from Djing, I have a full time job and time is something I don't have much of. It would be so sweet to be able to ask a simple questions and get a direct answer when it comes to technical issues.

I down loaded v4 and thank god I tested it before I did my gig last night. The sound was horrible and any time I touched the jog wheels or the fader on my MK2 this horrible noise come out. Then they took one of the sweetest features MK2 had away of being able to assign 3 diiferent effects to each side of the MK2. I thought updates are suppose to improve not take away from the user.

I still standby the software and think it is the best thing out there but I also think Atomix really needs to answer the call from it's loyal users.

Much love to all my fellow Djs, Dj VooDoo.

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:06 pm
Hi there.

Please read these 2 threads about the differences in VDJ4 and how to tune it for good performance:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54145/General_Discussion/Virtual_DJ_4_tips___tricks_(Starter_Guide).html

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54262/General_Discussion/PLEASE_READ_-_PERFORMANCE_SETTING_OF_VDJ_4.html

Please know that VDJ 4 consists of a brand new soundengine written from scratch, and with new things there are bound to be issues surfacing after the beta test period is over. All issues reported at forum are being taken carefully notice of, and being adressed by Dev Team for the comming release & fixes.

Dev Team is already working hard on 4.1 that will take care of many such issues.

As for the mk2, I use that at gigs too.
Please read the performance thread over, it gives the good solution for MK2.
Its not related to VDj, but the slow drivers/buildt of Hercules MK2, so it needs a high latency buffer to work.

The FX engine is new, so might be felt different, but you can still map the 3 FX buttons if you like, by using Dj Cel's mapper for Hercules.

And since so many want static mapping of FX back, this is something of the first Dev Team start working at for 4.1, so hopefully a more broad way of working, that will make more users happy.

Hope that helps

Regards

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 8:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)