Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon 5000 and VDJ 4.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

okay, I got $200 in hand and I want to buy VDJ 4.0 ...... IF I can use my Denon 5000's with my serato box and some control cd's to play VIDEOS.

does anyone have this setup and have any thoughts on doing it this way? I was going to try the demo, but I don't think the demo supports the SSL box does it?

If anyone could clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.

thanks

djmas

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:08 pm
timecode vinyls have been tested, and working

So timecode cd's in denon player will probably work too (if SSL box supports line in from cd decks)

The demo of VDJ4 is not out yet, but will be soon

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:14 pm
i'm just worried cause the denon 5000 had some buffer issues with serato at first.

so can you scratch video then when using the turntables? how about changing the speed so you can beat match videos???

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:54 pm
where do you buy the timecode cds at?

thanks again!

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:55 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:56 pm

Change speed, scratch, nudge, everything.. .just like using real cd's

As for Denon buffer issues, Denon released a firmware fix. At least for the 3500

Maybe someone using 5000 will read this thread and report...

I know 3500 had some buffer issues with VDJ (as with SSL)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:01 am
can the older versions of vdj use the serato ssl box as the soundcard? if so, I can fire it up now and find out. if not, any idea when the trial version of 4.0 will be out?

i'm so anxious, I hope that my 5k's can run video with serato box and some control cd's. a lot cheaper than gettin some dvj's!

and the price $199, was their a recent price increase?

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:06 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
djmas1998 wrote :
can the older versions of vdj use the serato ssl box as the soundcard? if so, I can fire it up now and find out. if not, any idea when the trial version of 4.0 will be out?
....and the price $199, was their a recent price increase?

No ssl suport is new to v4.0,
no idea when demo is available, just be patient..
yes, price increase is recent.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 5:02 am
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have been using the denon s5000's for a year and a half with vdj with no problems. All of the functions except for alpha track work with VDJ. If you have any specific questions just let me know and I'll try to answer as best as possible

Paisan

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 11:35 pm
Paisan, have you used it with video? what kind of soundcard are you using in your setup? can you give me a breakdown of what all you are using, from soundcard, to pc, etc....

thanks for your time,

djmas

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:44 am
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately I havent used it with video, im just a bedroom novice. My set up is an emachine laptop with 2GHZ amd athlon 64 bit processor and 750MB RAM, 2 denon s5000 CD players, behringer djx700 mixer, maya 44, and samson resolv 40a studio monitors. With VDJ 4.0 all of the features on the denons work including the cues, loops, and the tail effects, the only thing I have not tested is the alpha track feature. If you want me to test the alpha track I could try to run it through the maya 44 instead of my second deck and see if vdj recognizes the second signal from the time code as a seperate signal. Just let me know if you need anything else.

Paisan

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 5:16 am
just wanted to say this program f'n rocks. Just got the demo and hooked up my ssl box with my Denon 5000 to give it a test run. Man o man, this just saved me a lot of money. I wanted to get some dvj's but this will definately do just fine. I still need to get eveything setup completely so I can do a serious test, but thus far, this was exactly what I was looking for. Now, I need to build me a computer so I can throw in my rack.

VDJ, you guys are awesome!!!

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 3:42 am
Djmas

please support the authors of this program the version you are using isn't legal

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 5:44 am
It's the demo version. I will be purchasing the full version sometime this week. This way I can download all the skins and add ons. Just had to make sure that video playback was what I expected prior to purchasing. This is by far worth the $200.

regards

djmas

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 7:18 am
Hope to see you as a full member soon ;)

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 5:04 pm
Piracy staff wrote :
Djmas

please support the authors of this program the version you are using isn't legal

Just curious why everyone who starts up a topic who isn't a registered and states they just got the demo and is trying it out and basically reaching out and looking for some answers before they buy are subjected to guilty before a jury can decide? I TOTALLY understand there is a piracy issue with ALL software on the planet but ... damn people be a little nicer to the legite potential future purchasers of this wonderful product... just my opinion... not sure if anyone else saw the harshness of that. I almost felt like going and giving the guy a hug after that. .. he is excited he got the demo to work .. he concerns about video... he said the money is totally worth buying the software then... BAM!!! I wanted to cry for him.. like he was scolded for not cleaning his room but the room didn't need cleaning yet...

I was also curious of the experience of the Denon 5000's too.. I know someone selling a pair really cheap and it would make for a perfect 3rd Virtual DJ set up.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 7:19 pm
There are 2 reasons that you can ask if he/she hasn't got legal software. 1st is that he is trying to do something that it isn't possible in trial version and 2nd is that he has well known problems which are part of cracked version.

For all other problems, users have to get direct help.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 7:25 pm
No harm done, i'm sure if I wanted to I could find a cracked version somewhere, but I would not feel comfortable using it. Cracked versions are known to have bugs, how embarassing would it be to have the program fail at a wedding or in the club.

I don't really know what "problems which are part of cracked version" Xeon is talking about. Honestly I'm not too worried about it. I WILL be purchasing VDJ, hopefully sometime this week. It's by far a great product for the price.

regards

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 9:13 pm
Nice to hear, and believe me, you don't want to hear what problems usually have cracked versions ;)

so see you as full member soon!

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 9:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)